Far cry 3 and RDR best games reason being ...............

Discuss guys but i like a game where you can relate to the story rdr and far cry are by far the best this gen to do this yes ive played bops etc but these are the only two games to really pull me into the storyline what are yours ?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Far Cry Cry 3's single player is great. Nice storyline. The Co-Op is lame and tacked on, multiplayer is like Assassin's Creed to me, okay but doesn't really compel me to play it at all. Map maker is nice, but difficulty in setting up matches with player made maps is frustrating.

havent tried co op or multi player tbf but just like how the story drags you in feels like its worth sniping a tigers cage to set it on some banditos lol

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]multiplayer is like Assassin's Creed to me, okay but doesn't really compel me to play it at all.[/quote]

The only reason why I have even bothered buying Assassin's Creed was for the multiplayer.

Not playing any Far Cry's, but I'd agree that Red Dead Redemption was a great campaign, so much to do too!

well rdr is my favourite game and im loving far cry so random when you explore should def give it a try mate

There isn't really a reason to explore much though. Most of the 'wanted dead' quests take you to outposts, rare animals aren't actually found they're provided in path of the hunter quests, and if you don't like looking for 5,000,000 relics, then theres nothing.

I'm finding myself running into the same issues with I did in Red Dead Redemption. Due to the games beng largely in the wilderness, there just aren't any places that spark my interest to do anything 'sandboxy'. For example, if I was bored and wanted to mess around on Mercenaries 2, I could do something insane, like drop cars on a bridge with a helicopter and create myself a barricade. Or just call in a random nuke on an enemy.

I understand not every game wants to be over the top like that, but the ability to do anything you want post game is what I like about sanbox games. Both of these games lack interesting mechanics like the two I mentioned above.

red dead redemption was fun and short multiplayer was crap and after the story little was worth doing.

-

Far cry 3 had a decent single player, the co-op was worth 1 play through at best, the multiplayer is a blast but not enough content with it

-

the biggest thing holding FC3 back is the locked map editor and match making for player matches instead of custom search. if they had the far cry 2 map editor and match browser it would be much more successful.

RDR is fantastic, haven't gotten around to FarCry 3 yet though.

Both FC3 and RDR are great games, but saying they are the best this generation is quite a stretch.

Far Cry 3 is amazing. Everything about it is awesome.

-

The best story this gen is Heavy Rain. There isn't even a game that comes close.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!