Far Cry 2 dev bashes L.A Noire

http://www.gamersspot.com/?controller=news&op=view-news&news_id=81290

This guy really needs to close his mouth:

Far Cry 2's creative director, Clint Hocking, has slammed L.A. Noire six ways to Sunday, tearing the game apart as a piece of kitsch entertainment, and declaring that it has nothing to say for itself. Man, and sometimes I feel unprofessional when I rag on my industry peers.

"1hr in. Moriarty was right re games as kitsch," He said, referencing a GDC talk. "Derivative, uninspired, narcissistic. Nothing original to say, & said badly. #LANoire"

Pretty damn vicious, but while I thoroughly disagree, I'll respect the man's right to an opinion. The only problem with the criticism is that Hocking's own contribution to the game industry was glitchy, poorly paced, creatively contradictory nonsense. #FarCry2 #DoucheyStrawmanEvenIfItsTrue.

Thoughts?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="KIDDETH"]

What does L.A N offer other than some cool facial movements?

[/quote]

I find it very enjoyable but it's not a game everyone will like. It is a slower paced game that focuses on clue finding, critical thinking, questioning suspects, and occasional action sequences. If you are more into games with a lot of combat this isn't for you there are some car chases, fistfights, gun fights, and suspects to run down but you usually don't get more than 1 of these per case.

There are street crimes that will be action only but they don't last more than 5 minutes there is also a free roam mode but it's only for finding cars, finishing street crimes, finding collectibles, and exploring the city. If you are into detective shows, movies, books, etc then you will probably enjoy this game if you are looking for more of an action packed game you'd be better off passing on this one.

The only good thing about Far Cry 2 was the map editor everything else sucked!

I enjoyed FC2 - sure it was a little unrealistic at times (enemies shooting at you from 500 yards away despite you being totally hidden or behind a cliff wall!) but apart from that, it was a good game. I'm undecided about LAN at the moment - I'm not too keen on the interviewing/evidence searching and TBH, those aspects are the only differences between LAN and previous GTA games - the framerate is also pretty poor. Maybe I'll pick up the PS3 version instead - apparently it runs better on there..

[quote user="KIDDETH"]

What does L.A N offer other than some cool facial movements?

[/quote]

PLay it and find out...though it seems like you arehappy with your mundane shooters like brink and call of duty.

Well until he makes a game better than LA Noire I think he should keep his mouth shut to be honest

I guess he forgot to look at the reception his game received or he never played it.  About the only thing I give FC2 credit for is a good map editor; otherwise, it was pretty lackluster.

I hated FC2 simply because I'd randomly get shot at by dudes driving down the road.  Come on, there's no way you could automatically know I'm white.

I loved FC 2 , the only problem i had was the damns corrupt save. I think LA Noire is a great game that can't be compared with  FPS .

i hate when devs bash other devs

I also liked FC2 but considering it's 2-3 years old and LA:N is new, it'd have to look better.  But devs trashing other devs, pretty childish.