fao moderator concerning a modder.

i have reported a know modder now several times once via my console ,once by email to support and directly to a moderator in private chat,yet still this person is there posting away on this forum and without even a hint of a suspension. within the last few weeks this person has posted link on a forum to his ttg hompage where mods for cod games was clearly visable and for sale.he has also posted videos of himself online using mods yet his post was simply removed and no action taken against him. i have details of 2 youtube accounts of his where he advertise`s and sells his mods both of which have been passed on to a moderator and still nothing. his gamerscore is modded,he also has modded achievements on world at war. why are people like this getting away with it? i know a lot of people are getting banned and yes i read the suspension forum everyday but when someone is as obvious as this person is why no instant action? i have also reported a guy selling on ebay as clear as day ,money for his mods,i have supplied all the info again,links to ebay,links to youtube advertising them and no results???? i have recently become silver and have no intention of renewing when this sort of thing is going on. i am hoping this is answered by a moderator.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Did you take my post as a personal attack?, it wasn't. Only you seem to have gotten your back up a little. When I see misinformation I try to provide correct information. It was not aimed at you personally.
THE XBLPET do not go into these games for fun, and then throw a paddy when their game is ruined. They go into these games in office hours to find people who are modding and ban them. But yeah of course you are right, they only banned them because they lost their kill-streak :P.

Do you think the XBLPET would write, hey billy you were banned because ultrasniperzZzZzZzZzZ reported you?, no that is not going to happen is it. Simply because they are not there for everyone to view means nothing.

People in that forum decide to post if they feel like making a fool of themselves, and will be a small portion of the whole. And yes the 90% was a generalisation but not far off from what I have seen is the case over the last 2+ years of using the site everyday.

Nearly everyone in there is in there because they were caught modding their console or selling game mods,  (usually in CoD from what I have seen myself) in one form or another. And for your information they do not cost MS sales either because as far as I know MS do not sell CoD prestige, in-game rank or emblems, blue, neon green or red avatar skin in the marketplace, unless I have missed them?.

Anything a user does to their avatar that is not available from the marketplace is modding whatever form it takes, ergo my answer was not oversimplified it was simple unadorned fact lacking any guesswork or speculation to try and embellish it.
Where are you finding all this information?, is it the same website they discuss the yeti and loch-ness monster?.

You accuse me of being off with my statement but nearly everything you have posted so far here is hearsay and speculation. But as flawed and worthless as that is I did find it slightly amusing and a welcome distraction for a few short moments.
To think they only action bans against users who have cost them a sale is absurd.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

@Grey

Yes really! Aside from your interesting statistic did you 84.7% of all quoted statistics are made up on the spot?  Interesting stuff.  

You are correct that some of the people are banned for using mods.  The better majority of those that have read over the past few weeks used this verbiage or something to it's effect  (a member of the XBL team witnessed you using mods or infections in game).  In otherwords the mods game was ruined so they swung the ban hammer.  There are almost none, or at least that I can see that were banned from complaints generated from non XBL staff.  

The sales are services from an economic stand point can be summerized as this:

Two people want to buy content from the live store.  One of those people purchases a 1600 point card for $20 (using numbers for rounding) the second offers a service that enhances or changes a users experiance on XBL that is not authorized from MS instead of spending $20 on a 1600 point card.  When the first person chooses now to use his point to pay for a cheat, hack or mod instead of an authorized service that money which would have gone to MS for downloaded map pack or whatever is now not spent with MS.  Additionally the person that recieved the MS point for the hack mod or cheat will not purchase a card for himself.  In otherwords there is a lost sale for microsoft. When repeated by even a small percentage of their user base and the loss can be significant.

Finally let me change your over simplifed and therfore incorrect final statment.  A user wants to personalize his avatar to make it unique / special different.  To address this microsoft offers content that can be purchased or won or otherwise obtained by utilizing a profit making medium (buying games, buying points, being interactive with forum and hence banner ads etc)  A user who wants to change his / her avatar to something outside the stock offering does not take any one of the aformentioned methods and instead either uses a mod or pays someone who is not microsoft to do it for him.  Once again from an economic and accounting stand point this is considered a lost sale and an loss for microsoft.  

Finally you do realize that 90% is 9 out of every 10 right.  You may want to recount as I think your numbers may be a bit off.  May I sugest having someone assist you should you reach the same ratio as your methods may be a bit flawed,

Sorry this didn't help.

@Nerf.

Really?, from what I have seen in there 90% of the people posting have been banned for using infections and mods in games. And they are perma-banned.
What do you think sales of services are exactly?, offering mods and unlocks for msp.
The exact thing the OP is referring too.

Modded avatars are not avatars that people did not purchase an item for yet they have. Modded avatars are the ones with neon green skin or hair. Or are basically modded. It has nothing to do with marketplace content at all.

Sorry this didn't help.

as i stated i read the suspension forums everyday.

this TTG site is a joke,there are literally hundreds on there selling or using mods,and as far as i can see xblpet are only banning the people they actually see using them on live,not the ones selling them online.

Sorry this didn't help.

It is simple, XBL makes it's money off of avatars and subscriptions.  They make little money off the games.  So on the enforcement side you worry about what makes the company money.  Customers come and go, when there are only two game concels (the Wii does not really compete with PS3 or XBox) that require sigificant investments to switch (the cost of the games alone for get the console) and you have enforcement that is instructed to focus on the problems that may effect the companies income first.  Check the suspended forum, most of the people that are posting there are banned because the offered the sale of services, or those with modded avatars (said differently avatars with stuff the account didn't pay for) and not cheating or ruining the gaming experiance.  Personally  I have just opted not to purchase ingame content or avatar goodies in my one man attempt to make the players more valuable.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Like it or not Owen is right, the fact that this guy is openly admitting to modding on these forums no less without any reprisal is taking the mickey. This is serious business right here considering what this person is getting away with, heck there was someone I reported seven months ago who had openly admitted to owning a Jtag and modding over the messaging service (long story, good one too), googled his GT, found he was telling the truth and lo & behold someone posted here two weeks ago about having being threatened by the same person about an hour before posting their thread. I know these things take time to investigate but jesus christ seven months!?

What does this say about the mods on here and XBLPET if they can't take out a guy who advertises modding tools on this site? I've seen people banned for a week for picture sigs and this guy gets a few posts deleted and is sent on his merry way? The hell is going on up there?

Sorry this didn't help.

you would think they would pass information on though wouldn`t you?

to be honest with what i have seen this guy doing i have lost all faith in microsoft.

it would take less than 2 minutes to follow up on one piece of information i have given and this guy would be stopped as would all his customers.

i`m glad my subscription ran out and i`m no longer paying for online services.

Sorry this didn't help.

What grey said... XBLPET are the administrators of Xbox Live that handle enforcements.

Sorry this didn't help.

I do not know if a mod would get back to you about this, they really have nothing to do with policy enforcement on LIVE. From what you have posted this seems like a serious issue though.

Sorry this didn't help.

i have now found this persons TTG website boasting mods for gears of war 2,along with hundreds of gamertags that are happy to pay for his services.

and still no word from any moderators.

Sorry this didn't help.