family pack subscription

Something I found annoying when paying for the family pack subscription is that you have no option to choose what the online gamer tags will be for family members, you just get given some randomly generated one. THis seems unfair. Both my son and daughter are unhappy with their names. I don't think after paying for the subscription I should have to pay again to change them. A normal single person paying for xbox live gets to choose so why don't family members?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

you do get a choice the key is to create the PROFILES on the console not the website

that being said if its with the first 30days and you weren't given a choice you can use the 1 time free gamertag change this only applies to ones created online

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Many thanks for your reply. My kids already had their own offline profiles and obviously wouldn't want to start fresh with a new profile. I'm guessing that woulkd be the case for 99% of people buying the family subscription. No, I wasn't given any choice at all and unfortunatly for me it's been well over 30 days since I did it.

If there is a one time free gamer tag change why have a 30 day expiration date, especially if the option isn't at all highlighted?

Smacks of greed to me. I'm getting pretty fed up of these giant corporations trying to squeeze every last penny out of people. I've spent hundreds of pounds over XBL, where's the customer loyalty or desire for customer satisfaction? I don't think I should have to fork out almost £20 just to change gamer tags. Looks like my boy is stuck with GenialAsp

Sorry this didn't help.

Battle, do the following.

Remove the unneeded profiles from the xbox, ON THE XBOX

Then, again on the xbox, make their 3 offline profiles into online profiles, with silver accounts.

Now call support, and have them help your add their accounts to gold family pack.

Sorry this didn't help.