Family pack - game feature

My family currently is on the family pack. Currently there is a game that is featured for the family pack at a discounted price. We have two xbox at home. My question is this, would it be possible being that users under the family pack do not need to purchase this game again because the primary holder of the family pack made the purchase already?

Does it not make sense if you have 4 users under the family pack, and the primary holder purchase a game. Members of the family pack should be able to access the game without me logged onto the other xbox. Otherwise what is the benefit other than discount price for xbox live and game discounted price for family pack holder? It just would not make sense to have a member of the family plan purchase the game as well. When we are under the family plan already.

I already thought about logging onto the other xbox so they can play the game, but the problem with this is that I cant log onto my xbox at the same time.

Is this something Xbox will be working on when it comes to games that are featured for family pack members?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Does it not make sense if you have 4 users under the family pack, and the primary holder purchase a game. Members of the family pack should be able to access the game without me logged onto the other xbox. Otherwise what is the benefit other than discount price for xbox live and game discounted price for family pack holder? It just would not make sense to have a member of the family plan purchase the game as well.

One of the main reasons (from Microsoft's end) for DRM is to stop people from sharing games with friends & family, like you can with disk games. I really doubt they'd ever do something like this. Sharing, trading, buying used, etc. are as bad as piracy from Microsoft's point of view - they all cost a sale. Not trying to bash Microsoft, it's not like Sony, Nintendo, EA, Activision, or anyone else doesn't do this.

However, for you, I'd suggest downloading the game logged in as you, on the other xbox. That way that Xbox will "own" it, and your main xbox (the one you're always logged in at) will be the one that requires you to be logged in to play. Yes, what ever xbox you download something at is the "owner".

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When you purchase content, anyone on the same console can use it at any time, and it can be used on any other console as long as the purchasing account is logged into LIVE.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.