Family Pack DLC

I searched for a good twenty minutes and found nothing that could answer my question, and resorted to posting here.

I am part of an Xbox Family Gold Pack, and we occasionally buy DLC for games we're into at the time. My sister has gotten into Skyrim and started purchasing DLC. Skyrim is one of those bandwagon games and I purchased my own copy to satisfy my gaming, urges, I guess. I downloaded her profile onto my Xbox, (we have three Xboxs in all) and download the DLC onto my console. I loaded up Skyrim expecting the DLC to be able to be used by the whole family, unfortunately this wasn't the case. I've tried having both profiles logged in, and it didn't work as well. However when using her profile on my Xbox it works, so the DLC isn't faulty. I've also had this same problem with Gears of War 2 a year ago, except my father purchased the DLC on his console. So, my question is why doesn't DLC go to the entire family pack? Why should we have to purchase the same content multiple times?  

TL;DR: Why doesn't the DLC content extend to all profiles if you're in a family pack?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

there is no family pack DLC

the dlc content do not and never have extended to the familypack

you can read it on the family pack description http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/JoinLive/FamilyPackFAQ

Q: If I purchase an Xbox LIVE Arcade game, does it belong to everyone in the family?

A: Purchased content such as games and movies are licensed both to the console it was purchased on, and the individual Gold member that purchased it. So if, for example, your child were to buy an Xbox LIVE Arcade game on your home console, anyone on your console can play it. Additionally, if they leave for college, they could recover their account on another Xbox 360 in their dorm room and be able to play the game when logged into their account from that Xbox 360.

all dlc is only associated with the console it was purchased on which case all profiles can use it on THAT console

and the gamertag that purchased it

you will have to purchase it on your own account

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.