Family Gold Problem adding points to a family member on another Xbox console

I have 3 Xbox 360s. I have the family gold account. I have my primary account on one Xbox, my son's on another, and my wife's on another. I went to add points to my son's Xbox and I get this error:

This option is restricted to the primary member of this Gold Family Pack.

WTF! How am I supposed to add points. Don't tell me that I have to copy his account to my Xbox just to add points. That's just stupid! Who the hell thought of that? They should be shot.

Is there another way? Or do I have to do it the stupid way? I went in and tried it on Xbox.com but it gives me the same stupid error. If I click add points on my Xbox account, I don't get an option to apply to a certain account.

One other thing that should be changed also is that purchased content should be should be available to anyone on the family gold account. But that would be the smart way to do it so it won't happen.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Well, I got around this stupid limitation by purchasing a points card. I could then add it to his account by applying the code. Still seems like a stupid way of doing this. I understand it keeps kids from purchasing things without asking, but still.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.