family gold pack

firstly i am sorry if this has been asked before but a have looked and could not find it.  I am a member of a family gold pack (not the main account holder), i tried to purchase sone games from the online sales and was instructed to contact the main account holder.  I went to visit him and he fired up his xbox and preceeded to download one of the games but then realised it would only be playable to him.  How can i purchase stuff from xbox live and have it download to my xbox. assistance appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

remove yourself from the family pack, or use points to purchase content. wont work otherwise.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

also beware that when you are moved from the family pack, you have to wait five days before being able to access gold inside of the family pack again. you CAN get around this, but the primary account holder has to call support and have them make an exemption for the secondary if they want to add you back to the pack before the five days. The exemption allows you to access the gold without waiting the five days.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey auchinleck1959! You should be able to make purchases with Microsoft points. If you can't, let us know what message you're seeing? Note that secondary members aren't allowed to purchase points with credit or debit cards. You'll need to either redeem prepaid MSP cards or have that primary member grant you an allowance to spend but you should be able to purchase those games. :)

Sorry this didn't help.