Family account but can't share DL's?

Ok here is a question that I bet a ton of people ask.

I have been with Xbox live for 6 years and we shared 3 Gamertags on the console until I upgraded one to a 250 Slim and my son got a 4g Slim for Christmas.

So now we all have our own console but we still can not share the same DL's as we used to on the same console. I bought poker for my wife on the same console and

now she can not play it on the other console.. We are all on the same family plan and we have spent a ton of cash with Microsoft, Is there any plan to combine family

plans, so we can use the same DL's or do we need to buy the same Add-ons for different consoles.

Gamertag: Dead Inside 75

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You'll have to do a license transfer to transfer the rights to the content to the new console for all on your console to use (as long as you're connected to Live): support.xbox.com/.../download-content

-

Any other questions, please post back!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you saying that I can transfer the rights to all the consoles? I thought it was for only one.

Sorry this didn't help.

My mistake, I misread and thought you only got one new console. That's correct it is only for one. Whichever console the rights are on, anyone can play it as long as they're connected to Live, and the original account which purchased it can play it regardless. If you have two consoles in question here and one purchaser, you may have to purchase some DLC twice for everyone to access it on both consoles, unfortunately.

Sorry this didn't help.

After reading the site you sent, that is if I have a new console and transfer my stuff to another console. I mean I have 3 consoles with a family plan. I want the same content on all consoles...

Sorry this didn't help.

You want the same content available to all accounts on all three consoles, correct? If yes then that is not possible unless each account purchased the same content individually.

Sorry this didn't help.