Familiar players...

Pointless thread warning....

I play FFA almost exclusively and lately have noticed many of the same people in my games. For example I will play for 2 hours and get to know the gamertags of the people I have been playing with for those hours, then the next day I will play again and before you know it one of the people from the previous day shows up in my game! This has been happening a lot lately....I am wondering if they are joining me in progress from recent players list or what  the H. E. double hockey sticks...!!

This has only just started happening recently, like maybe a week or 2. And it happens almost daily. Seems strange that is all..

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I don't often see the same Gamertags repeatedly. I tend to play with a friend or two, and we stick to Team Deathmatch. Seeing as it's one of the more populated modes, it seems that we get a lot more lobbies to play in. I'm by no means amazing, but I can tend to remember some Gamertags. When playing Black Ops I've only ever seen the same player once or twice.

I was wondering this same thing the other day, because lately I've been recognizing gamertags in FFA matches, which is what I play most. I only really recognize 'tags of the people who kicked my @@@ though because, not to sound like a douche, but I win most FFA matches I end up in. So when I recognize a 'tag, I generally expect this person to dominate haha

[quote user="a tired old guy"]

Why I remember was because I had this sniping spot on favela that I could almost always go most of the match without being found. It was one of the few sniping spots that was still kind of a secret even up till when bo came out.

But I got killed there in the very beginning of the match ....... I dont think it was you .......... but since I couldnt snipe, I made it a point of running around  trying to hunt you down.  I couldnt fiind you but kept looking at the scoreboard trying to pass you up.

I didnt ....... but I noticed you left toward the end of the match.

[/quote]

I call nonsense. Favela is such an easy map to dominate on, on top of the roof behind the ventilation unit with a claymore on the stairs. Endless Harrier's that way. No way you can keep up with me in kills...lol...I definitely left early on.

I see alot of familier GTs (mostly from my FL) when I play Combat Training.

Why I remember was because I had this sniping spot on favela that I could almost always go most of the match without being found. It was one of the few sniping spots that was still kind of a secret even up till when bo came out.

But I got killed there in the very beginning of the match ....... I dont think it was you .......... but since I couldnt snipe, I made it a point of running around  trying to hunt you down.  I couldnt fiind you but kept looking at the scoreboard trying to pass you up.

I didnt ....... but I noticed you left toward the end of the match.

I'm almost positive I left the game after Skidrow to play Search with my friend Pat. Him and his brother were both in that game with you, and me. I don't even remember Favela at all...backed out pretty early on. -_-

[quote user="dual skorpionz"]

He said he is "disappointed" when he wins. How can one even be disappointed in winning when you win 1 in 10 matches? That's all I'm saying. It's the same scenario as that RuiniousWrath idiot (check my Call of Duty sucks thread), who claimed before to be "amazing at this game and FFA" because of his 3 something K/D. He went to great lengths to hide anyone from finding his stats (couldn't send him a message or a FR on XBL), only for someone to send him a FR via Xbox.com, go on their Xbox and find his stats. Sure, he had a 3.06 something K/D...went pretty well with his 0.7 something W/L (obvious dashboarder). 

-

Just calling people out on nonsense and lies. And usually when I "brag", it's usually to instigate a response...lol

[/quote]

And when you read you do like you see the matches you play and only recall the half that makes you feel good.

I said I dont expect to win ................ maybe I'm just odd,

But I know I'm not that great .........

If I come in second or third I can feel good about that thinking I played a good game and  came in second or third to someone good. Thats just the way it always seems to be ......... I get second or third.

But if I win, I start doubting the quality of other players in the lobby and feel like I must have won because of bad players.

The only time I really feel good about it is when someone in the lobby was trash talking about me. I get that a lot too because of the gt...........

"why dont you take a nap?" ....... . "why dont you go to bed?"   "Why are you so tired" ?  .............. well because of people asking the same questions over and over like they just came up with something original .........

But when that happens it actually makes me want to compete ..... And when I win in those cases  .. it feels good. Even if I just come in ahead of that person it feels good.

And the match I remember was favela ( yeah I remembered skidrow now that you meantion it ) ..................

On favela ......... we were both doing lousy  and you were just ahead of me ... we were like 3 and 4 or 4 and 5. But I felt good about that match knowing the way you brag and I was right behind you. I figured I just must be losing to a bunch of awesome players.  .....  I can handle that.

But then you left before the match was over ........ and that felt even better.

[quote user="BEASTmmb"]

[quote user="dual skorpionz"]

Lol! The only time I recall being in a match with you was on MW2 on Skidrow. I don't recall that match really being close at all...I have a crazy good memory, and I kinda remember using a Mini Uzi with throwing knives, and getting you a bunch of times trying to camp the 2nd floor building on the one side a bunch of times with OMA.

-

As for me calling people out, well if I said I was the best player ever, I'd expect someone to call me out and rip me apart for that too...

[/quote]When has a tired old guy ever said anything even close to that?  You on the other hand brag ALL THE TIME.  You've been doing it since I first  came across the MW2 forums.  

[/quote]

He said he is "disappointed" when he wins. How can one even be disappointed in winning when you win 1 in 10 matches? That's all I'm saying. It's the same scenario as that RuiniousWrath idiot (check my Call of Duty sucks thread), who claimed before to be "amazing at this game and FFA" because of his 3 something K/D. He went to great lengths to hide anyone from finding his stats (couldn't send him a message or a FR on XBL), only for someone to send him a FR via Xbox.com, go on their Xbox and find his stats. Sure, he had a 3.06 something K/D...went pretty well with his 0.7 something W/L (obvious dashboarder). 

-

Just calling people out on nonsense and lies. And usually when I "brag", it's usually to instigate a response...lol

[quote user="a tired old guy"]

[quote user="BallzyGunz"] 

Im more intrigued than calling you out in this reply but I have to know.  I was just messing around with Call Of Duty Elite and saw your stats.  You seem to have a relative grasp on the game, how in the world do you have a ("") win percentage w/ 575 hours played?  I left the percentage blank since like I said im not trying to call you out.  If its only because you play solo, add me and we will get the percentage ticking upwards.

[/quote]

.14 ...... I'll say it and dont mind.

There are several reasons really.

First is that I play ffa Probably 95% of the time or better and while I frequently come in the top half of scoring, I seldom win.

Second ..... I play more for fun and completeing challenges rather than trying to win.

The next reason is this ....... I have some serious issues with my hands. I've gotten to a point where I cant even stab any more, and I'm not talking not being able to stab and get a kill, but just not being able to stab period. Some people talk about what they call trigger finger as being able to feather the trigger to fire extremely fast. I have the medical version of it ... meaning my fingers actually lock into a bent position. And even while they lock in a bent position I frequently cant bend them enough to touch my own palm.

I'm not saying that to whine or make excuses .........  just admitting to my own major fault. But that has made me think more. You said I seem to have a pretty good grasp on the game ......... well thats all I got to go on ........ So I do my best to learn tactics as much as possible in order to make up the difference.

Soooo .. as bad as I am.... when I win, I just assume its because my opponents are really bad, and thats just not all that gratifying.

And to answer others question about why skorpz rides me so ............. its because he likes to brag. And as bad as my stats are, when we've been in the same match I've been right behind him.

I guess that touches a sore spot to consider yourself one of the greatest players, yet to have one of the worst nipping at your butt on the scoreboard. Enough at least to make him disappear before the match is over.

[/quote]

Gotcha.  I still think you should add some people on this forum and play some other gametypes.  I could care less if you do good or bad on a team I am on, its all about having fun.

[quote user="Explosive0ne"]

do you still play domination ballzy? i havnt seen you in forever since i used to play with ed i never added you to friends list

[/quote]

I do but I made another account after hitting 15th and am usually on him now.  Ill add you to both accounts but I believe you play much later than me.  I am usually on between 7pm -10pm eastern time.  HIt me up anytime you see me.