Fallout

Hey its me again I have been looking at your comments and let me say they come pretty fast but anyway about co-op for fallout, you all kept saying stuff like no to co-op but I don't think that you really thought about all the possibilities that you would be able to do (not to be rude of course). Yes I agree that the game would have to change in order for such a thing but that doesn't mean that every game of fallout will be like that, just this one and its only to test it out not permenant for the series. I also saw a lot of messages saying not every game needs to be co-op and I agree on a numerous amount of levels but that doesn't mean that we can't try "1" fallout to be co-op.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 27, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Man how many co-op threads are you going to make in one week . Like I said in a couple of the other threads Fallout doesn't need MP the changes to the gameplay would be drastic and the time/resources used up by the developers could hurt the SP aspect of the game. 

If they did do it they would have to remove/alter the VATS system, PIP-Boy usage, dialogue options, fast travel, distribution of XP/caps for 2 players instead of one, the game would pause every time a player looted a body/ trash can/ cabinet/ pick pocketed someone/ etc, if the two players play different styles (IE Good/Evil against a faction/for a faction) how would they go about getting quests and dealing with these groups?

These are just issues I can name off the top of my head I'm sure there are more. Nearly every game now has some form of co-op or competitive MP mode but not all need it and again I think the Fallout series would suffer more than benefit from the addition to MP.

Stick with one damn thread dude. You dont need to keep making these

Fallout is, in my opinion, one of the best game series ever made... MP would destroy all the things that make it great, I'd no longer play it... nor would any other self respecting fan... which would kill their sales and hence kill the series... So yes that means we can't even try one (1) with a MP setup because anything that kills profit kills products... if you want to go shoot things with people online get black ops, if you want to loot things with other people.... well, go outside, go get some friends and go loot your neighborhood, and you'll certainly learn the results of one (1) bad idea

I don't think the presence or absence of MP will actually have much effect at all on true fans' decision about whether or not to buy the next one.  Making new games is all about trying new things.  Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, and there is no way to know whether this one would work or not unless they actually try it.  

It isn't that I want to shoot things or loot things with other people, it is that I want to share the Fallout experience with other people.  And that is something that no other game is going to deliver.  I am a proponent of MP provided that it is completely optional and doesn't effect SP, and I am perfectly willing to accept the possibility that they might implement it and it might not be any good, why does it seem like all of the opponents of multiplayer are not willing to accept the opposite possibility?

Making more than one of these treads isn't going to make people agree with you. You're just making people angry now. Just hope Interplay is still making Fallout online and bethesda doesn't kill it for hurting the canon.

Fallout is an rpg.....so how would co-op work? what would the other guy do during VATS? or dialogue? Once again fallout is a great series, I know I speak for many when I say its fine just the way it is.

I think F3 and NV are both tremendous games and think that they would suffer tremendously if a MP aspect was added. Cant we just leave well enough alone?

I always expect each game in a series to be better than the last, well enough is not good enough (whether or not MP constitutes an improvement is open for debate).  VATS would have to be either eliminated or not stop time, at least during co-op play (I'd lean towards the latter).  The aid of a second player should more than outweigh the loss.  Why does one player entering dialog have to effect the other player at all?  In what ways would having a MP component cause the SP game to suffer?

A problem with co-op in Fallout is that this is a role playing game not everyone takes the same path. An aggressive player might get bored with a passive player with high charisma. And that passive role player would get mad he wasted ammo and possibly health on a pointless fight. Good or evil players and factions bring the same kind of problems. So in this way co-op could hurt the players role playing experience. You have to keep in mind not everyone has an online friend they can totaly agree with on how they would play together.

Go play RAGE if you want a post-apocalyptic co-op game (Y)