fallout new vegas

im still mad at the part where it wont continue the game after the end i think thats a slap to the face by bethesda

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Lol I was mad to. It was same in Fallout 3 also so be careful.

I here ya.Its kinda dumb realy.But i guess thats why that pop up comes up asking are you postive your ready to end the fight or however its said?But being able to keep playing would of been awsome.

[quote user="JoN dA pRo"]

im still mad at the part where it wont continue the game after the end i think thats a slap to the face by bethesda

[/quote]Or it's a good decision by Obsidian because it allows you to feel like your choices and consequences will matter in the future (unlike Fallout 3, whose "ending" and post-game didn't showcase your choices, leaving you feeling like you did jack s***), because every story has an ending, including the original Fallout games (which is why Bethesda originally put an ending in; they took it out because people expect Fallout 3 to be more like Oblivion), and because they didn't want to do it if they couldn't do it right (unlike Bethesda, who did it poorly).  Direct quote

Reverting to an earlier save is no different than a poorly done post-game, which is what Broken Steel was.  I'd love to have a good post-game like Sawyer, but if that's not possible, then it doesn't matter to me.  Fallout 2 had a post-game, but it was more of an easter egg and a joke than anything really important, and people at most congratulated you for defeating the Enclave.  Oh, and you could bang the owner of the brothel in New Reno and max out all of your skills, but again, it wasn't meant as a serious part of the game and wasn't necessary (it actually gave you the option to continue playing; like a literal, yes or no question)

Fallout 3's ending was also poorly done, lacking an obvious choice and coming without any warning, which is also why they fixed it.  New Vegas' ending gave you warning and came at a logical climax to the story; it was anticipated and it ended in a way that made sense

I agree with Maul.

Also:

In Fallout 3 there is only one ending, with almost no impact on the "environment".

In New Vegas there are 4 different endings - all of them with a rather big impact on what should be present on the map after the ending.

I think it would be a lot of work to create a reasonably credible "continue" for all endings. And if done this would make the game even larger, possibly outrunning the capasity of the distribution media (DVD).

Don't be mad at Bethesda, this was Obsidian's choice.

Bethesda gave creative control to Obsidian.

Bethesda  was in court battling Interplay over the rights to the Fallout franchise at the time (2009 to 2011 and had most of their developers working Skyrim at the time.

Bethesda approached Obsidian knowing they needed money to stay afloat and brought the proposal to them to make New Vegas.  

Who should really be pissed is Obsidian developers who trusted their management to broker a good deal for them to get a better share of the revenue from sales.

New Vegas brought in 300 million plus and Obsidian saw less then 10 percent of the revenue (less then 7 million) thanks to a corrupt rating system ( Meta critic).  

I have to agree with Maul to a small  percent as if You do skip certain portions of the quests (Powder gangers and Novac and the Fiends) all three turn out bad.

In contrast, You saw no difference in Fallout 3 if You poisoned the water and killed off everyone.

[quote user="BjoTve"]

In Fallout 3 there is only one ending, with almost no impact on the "environment".

In New Vegas there are 4 different endings - all of them with a rather big impact on what should be present on the map after the ending.

[/quote]To Bethesda's credit, there are at least 27 different ending combinations.  Of course, New Vegas had hundreds of ending combinations (there are 29 slides; the ending isn't just who you side with), and even Fallout 1 and 2 had more than 3 (around as many as New Vegas), so yeah Bethesda dropped the ball there

amo follout new vegas

GO