Fallout New Vagas DLC ???

Does any of the new or upcoming DLC allow you to continue the game after completing the last Main Quest (Hover Dam). Like e.g Broken Steel on on Fallout 3?  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

On the fallout website they confirmed that there will be NO dlc like broken Steel for NV :(

It would be pretty impossible to make an open ended game due to the sheer amount of endings available.  More people would start complaining if they had killed the BoS etc, etc, etc only for them to magically appear again.  Your companions also go their separate ways, so again, it wouldn't be logical to have them sat in 38 after you've been told what became of them.

Unlike FO:3 there's just so many variables, that it would be unrealistic to expect any dev to cover all bases.  i'm sure there's over 100 endings.  Obsidian stated they had two choices 1) Make your in-game choices have consequences and cover all bases here or 2) Disregard all the choices you had made throughout the game as to allow an open ended game.

Every man and his dog complained about FO3's weak ending so rather than go down the same road, they gave the majority what they wanted - a game where your actions really did have consequences.

[quote user="Dyslexic Parrot"]

It would be pretty impossible to make an open ended game due to the sheer amount of endings available.  More people would start complaining if they had killed the BoS etc, etc, etc only for them to magically appear again.  Your companions also go their separate ways, so again, it wouldn't be logical to have them sat in 38 after you've been told what became of them.

[/quote]

Cheers for the replys guys, yeah I didnt think of it like that. The only problam is I deleted the save I made before starting the last quest by mistake (2 o'clock madness). Thats why I asked. Never mind just have to start over. 

[quote user="Dyslexic Parrot"]

a game where your actions really did have consequences.

[/quote] I don't get why some gamers can't understand that. Agree with you on this.

Just save before the final mission, and play from there...

Not a difficult concept.