Fallout Area 51

i think they should make an area 51 dlc anyone with me... they should have done that in the first place in my opion

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="FueldRockets"]

Area 51 IS Fallout 3 style in the form of one of the BEST DLC that came out in fallout 3 Mothership Zeta!  they should make a whole game with that theme IMO!

[/quote]Yeah, Fallout 3 style is not Fallout style, but I really don't want to get into the whole aliens thing again.  And regardless of any of that, Mothership Zeta still sucked

Area 51 IS Fallout 3 style in the form of one of the BEST DLC that came out in fallout 3 Mothership Zeta!  they should make a whole game with that theme IMO!

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

I know what you mean, I read through the entire thread and can't believe you kept a civil conversation with someone who's argument is simply "I'm right, you're wrong".

[quote user="MaulYoda"]However, most people are not, and the first thing they think [about Area 51] is aliens.[/quote]Thats why I think that Old World Blues was the prefect platform. It allowed Fallout to explore a lot of high tech do-dads while still keeping its atmosphere. For example, my favorite character was the anti-communist book shoot. That was some hilarious trademark Fallout-esque comedy right there.

[/quote]To that first point, I have no idea either.  Honestly, he's either a troll or REALLY, REALLY stupid because I put the proof right up in front of his face and he rejected it.  I guess he just didn't want to give up his "Fallout king" status (which he doesn't deserve), but the fact that he hasn't posted since is probably a good indication that I kicked his a** verbally

As to the second part, that's why I liked it too.  Fallout isn't always so serious, and as Fallout 2 proved, it can be really good and really funny when the writing takes a more tongue-in-cheek approach.  I felt Old World Blues harkened back to that while having the great storytelling/writing/atmosphere/setting/quest design that New Vegas had, so I consider it the best of the DLCs in either of the newer Fallout games

I know what you mean, I read through the entire thread and can't believe you kept a civil conversation with someone who's argument is simply "I'm right, you're wrong".

[quote user="MaulYoda"]However, most people are not, and the first thing they think [about Area 51] is aliens.[/quote]Thats why I think that Old World Blues was the prefect platform. It allowed Fallout to explore a lot of high tech do-dads while still keeping its atmosphere. For example, my favorite character was the anti-communist book shoot. That was some hilarious trademark Fallout-esque comedy right there.

Yeah, thats what I mean. Actually, when I think of area 51 I don't think of aliens. I think of top secret government projects like the blackbird.

[/quote]And I wouldn't mind seeing Area 51 in New Vegas if most people were like you.  However, most people are not, and the first thing they think of is aliens.  Admittedly, I'm no exception to this, but I wouldn't complain if there was an Area 51 without aliens.  Most people would, and if it had aliens, then it wouldn't fit

Yeah, thats what I mean. Actually, when I think of area 51 I don't think of aliens. I think of top secret government projects like the blackbird.

I think what they did with Old World Blues was perfect, and was basically an 'area 51' but fallout style.

[/quote]If by "Area 51, but Fallout style," you mean some high-tech laboratory with all sorts of crazy 50s gizmos but no aliens, then yes, it was pretty f***ing fantastic.  Actually, it was really, really good regardless

I think what they did with Old World Blues was perfect, and was basically an 'area 51' but fallout style.

[quote user="EKJJ Da King"]

You guys are very edumacated lol.

[/quote]Thanks.  I like to think I did very well for myself academically,

You guys are very edumacated lol.