Fallout 3

Its not that good all the time. But its worth the time to play. But you can't always shoot or hit. It glitches sometimes and can easily be beaten if you have survival skills. But at least it is beast

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Are you talking about New Vegas or Fallout 3?  Because if the latter, you're in the wrong forum.  Also, you can't always hit people because New Vegas is an RPG, so combat depends on skills and numbers

You must be talking abut Fallout 3. I see nothing in Your profile for New Vegas.

If You ever get a chance to play Oblivion from Bethesda, it's (F.O 3) like playing Oblivion with guns.

New Vegas is similar to  3 in some aspects too, some good and some not so good.

Fallout 3 You could gauge how good a player by maxing out a character in less then 35 hours on very hard play, while it makes no difference what difficulty You play New Vegas as You receive the same awarded points for combat at any difficulty.

Plus You have not scene bugs, glitching and frozen screens until You play the add on New Vegas.

Good luck on Fallout 3.

Fallout 3. And =_= it glitched on me and sent it here instead.

You shouldn't get an award for playing on a higher or lower difficulty. You should play for the challenge and the award is playing it  through on very hard.

Fallout 3 is glitchy however so is New Vegas. I suggest going with New Vegas, because the glitches are far less common.(ignore Gutsy rants on it having more, he just can't accept someone finding NV good)

You need to go back and finish Fallout 3 and it will help You understand the similarities and improvements Obsidian made to the New Vegas add on. No You should receive special recognition for playing the hardest difficulty compared to people who just want to be a tourist in the game. You should get more XP and better weapons and armor too. In the glitch category, Fallout 3 was less glitched. In actuality, some glitches migrated to the add on Fallout New Vega, but guys like You and Maul never spent Your time becoming absorbed in Fallout 3, learning from it. In reality, games like Fallout 3 and it's add on New Vegas were nothing more then Bethena's Oblivion with guns franchise.

www.neoseeker.com/.../8987-swedish-reviewer-fallout-3-oblivion-with-guns-gives-game-a-81

[quote user="gutsycmor"]

You need to go back and finish Fallout 3 and it will help You understand the similarities and improvements Obsidian made to the New Vegas add on.  They are similar in the overall foundation, they both have VATS, they both have Pip-Boy interfaces (although so did Fallout 1 and 2), and they run on the same engine.  Most everything else has been changed, and many things have been added.  They are NOT the same game, and either way, New Vegas is better

No You should receive special recognition for playing the hardest difficulty compared to people who just want to be a tourist in the game. You should get more XP and better weapons and armor too.  No, because some people don't play on hard mode because they can't.  Some people just aren't good enough as gamers.  Other people physically can't because they have muscular problems that prevent them from being good at games involving FPS elements (I knew someone like this).  But you know what?  Some people just want to enjoy the story and not have to worry too much about combat.  And that's their choice; they shouldn't be penalized for it, nor should people in the other two examples.  You should learn to enjoy the challenge without the additional XP.  Fallout 1 and 2 didn't give you additional XP, for the record, and they were harder than either Fallout 3 or New Vegas

In the glitch category, Fallout 3 was less glitched. In actuality, some glitches migrated to the add on Fallout New Vega, Depends on the experience; some people found it more glitchy, others found it less glitchy.  I found it about the same, and I don't care either way

but guys like You and Maul never spent Your time becoming absorbed in Fallout 3, learning from it. There you go again making comments of which you have NO evidence for; you really have to stop with this ego of yours, man.  Because for as much as I s*** on Fallout 3, I'm doing it after investing around 300 hours into the game.  Oh yes, I played a game I mostly hate for that many hours specifically so I could have a valid opinion on it AND because it was a good game on its own merits.  I spent more time with 1, 2, and New Vegas though, and it was a dreadful Fallout game (the only time I could really get into it was when I was exploring because I was pointing out the problems everywhere else), but I digress.  The point is, I did spend a lot of time with Fallout 3, and I'm sure Luca did too, so how about getting your head out of your a** instead of making up things to try and prove a point?  You kind of did that when talking about the difficulty, now try and apply that everywhere else.  I mean, you claim to be 55, it shouldn't be that hard for you

In reality, games like Fallout 3 and it's add on New Vegas were nothing more then Bethena's Oblivion with guns franchise. And Skyrim is just Oblivion with prettier graphics (hell, Oblivion is just Morrowind with prettier graphics), and yet you own both.  If you want to complain about Bethesda making the same game over and over again, why don't you stop buying their products?  Also, the term applies to the fact that Fallout 3 derives from some of the same foundations as Oblivion.  However, I'm pretty sure an entirely different universe with a new story, new characters, a new interface, and new systems distinguish Fallout 3 from Oblivion.  Also, New Vegas is NOT "Oblivion with guns," chiefly because it is an actual action RPG.  But regardless, if you don't like it, don't buy the games.  I own all four, but then again, I'm not complaining (nor do I think they're the same)

And this guy played the original Fallout games and he thinks Fallout 3 got SPECIAL right?  Bulls***

www.neoseeker.com/.../8987-swedish-reviewer-fallout-3-oblivion-with-guns-gives-game-a-81

[/quote]

[quote user="gutsycmor"]

You need to go back and finish Fallout 3 and it will help You understand the similarities and improvements Obsidian made to the New Vegas add on. No You should receive special recognition for playing the hardest difficulty compared to people who just want to be a tourist in the game. You should get more XP and better weapons and armor too. In the glitch category, Fallout 3 was less glitched. In actuality, some glitches migrated to the add on Fallout New Vega, but guys like You and Maul never spent Your time becoming absorbed in Fallout 3, learning from it. In reality, games like Fallout 3 and it's add on New Vegas were nothing more then Bethena's Oblivion with guns franchise.

[/quote]

•More xp? You level up fast enough as it is in the game. Fallout very hard was EASY, and reaching lvl 20/30 took maybe 15-30 hours in game. Why better weapons and armor? No game gives you better weapons and armor, that defeats the purpose of a higher difficulty *facepalm*. I play New Vegas on very hard w/ hardcore mode for the CHALLENGE, which is what difficulty is for.

•Fallout 3 seemed to have less glitches because it was smaller. New Vegas has the same glitches, but less frequently. The only new glitches are quest glitches (which are rare) and that is because those quests weren't in Fallout 3.

•Never absorbed into Fallout 3? You clearly never seen another post before where I defend Fallout 3 many times (even from Maul). Its on par to NV with me, but New Vegas had more to offer. I spent just as much time playing Fallout 3 than NV, except the only difference is I didn't buy F3 dlc because I didn't have the money at the time. So guess what? Don't tell me what I have and haven't done in a game, since you don't know anythingabout me besides my game library.

•Fallout New Vegas ISN'T an add on. You can say it is all you want, but  the fact is, it isn't... I can't stress that more, but you seem to stubborn to accept the fact you're wrong.

•If you think its Oblivion w/ guns then why do you support it so much. Wouldn't that make it an add on, since a few additions don't make a game its own. The only thing F3 and NV have in common are that they're RPGs made by the same developer on the same engine. I guess Mass Effect 2 and 3 are add ons, or what about BF3 or BFBC2? Oh lets not forget Skyrim or any final fantasy game or Assassins Creed. Uncharted, halo, Gears of war, the list goes on buddy...

(New Vegas is easier than Fallout 3. Neither of them are hard, exactly, but most enemies in New Vegas have little damage potential).

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

(New Vegas is easier than Fallout 3. Neither of them are hard, exactly, but most enemies in New Vegas have little damage potential).

[/quote]They pretty much do the same damage as they did in Fallout 3, the difference is that you do less damage to them because of damage threshold.  Or they can do less damage to you because of damage threshold, but wearing heavier armor to defend yourself has other consequences.  RPG mechanics at their finest...sort of

Powder Gangers/NCR Troopers/Legion troopers/Bighorners/Brahmin are all harmless...

Half the time their DT is so low it doesn't matter, and your DT protects against them almost all the time... until they carry Brush Guns/so on.