Fallout 3 DLC not working offline...?

I bought the game back in 2008 and beat it, loved it, and cared for it like it was my own... so I decided I trade it for the GOTY edition. I did, but not too long after that it was stolen so I went out and bought a new copy of Fallout 3. (by this point I had already downloaded all the downloadable content and completed it.) This brings me in today because it has been several years since then and I have already moved but my place does not offer wireless connection because I'm in redneck territory, anyways, I booted up Fallout 3 on the same console (so don't give me that whole spill about License Transfers.) but it doesn't let me boot up my DLC at all offline... Is it Xbox Live accessible only?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

MisteRxHipsteR,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your DLC. For some reason it seems like quite a few folks have difficulties with the Fallout 3 DLC. Assuming that License Transfer isn't your problem, have you tried deleting the DLC and the re-downloading the content again to see if this fixes the problem? Let us know and we'll go from there. Thank you,

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply but unfortunatly I'll have to try whenever I get some Wi-Fi. I think this needs to be addressed to Bethesda (even though it is such an old game but still very enjoyable) because if many others are havin the same problem then this needs to be fixed. If you guys could email them about the issue of get a petition started then I'm sure this could be an easy patch. I will get back to you as soon as I try your idea.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi HipsteR--I too have this issue with the Fallout games :(  One workaround is to find another GOTY copy if possible. Most used game stores/pawn shops/large retail chains like Wal-Mart may have copies. Best of luck to you--its an awesome game & I hope you get to fully enjoy it  =)

Sorry this didn't help.

G'day HipsteR!

From your Game Activity, it appears you haven't yet played Fallout 3 on this particular Gamertag, is that correct? If the DLC was bought on a different Gamertag, then your console may need to connect to Xbox Live to verify the content licenses. If this is the case and you still have the other Gamertag, can you try playing the game on that? And would you be able to find a connection for your console temporarily to try connecting and playing on this GT?

Sorry this didn't help.

I did play it on another GT (I'm only using this one because I lost the password to my last one but I can still play on it.) I gave it a try but it says the same on the original GT. That is a good idea so I will update it and see if it works then. Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.