Faction Specific Weapons?

From what i have read It appears that the starting weapon for each class will be faction specific. But anything you unlock while playing as the USMC will be useable when you are playing as the Russians. Has there been any official word on this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

my question is who gets the Franchi SPAS-12 in the MP?

[quote user="NoNickname09"]

Just because they are unlocks don't make them better. I could r*** the other team with the AK-101 or AK-47 (MEC and Chinese main weapons for medic and assault) regardless of whatever the other person had

[/quote]

No AK-47 in the game. There's the AK-47M

As-long as the weapons remain balanced and the player does not feel like they have a disadvantage, then this will force player to try a weapon they would normally pass up on. Its going to be a long two mouths wait tho LOL

Just because they are unlocks don't make them better. I could r*** the other team with the AK-101 or AK-47 (MEC and Chinese main weapons for medic and assault) regardless of whatever the other person had

In Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 2 & Battlefield 2142 each faction had faction exclusive weapons for starters. After you were able to rank up in Battlefield 2 & Battlefield 2142 you were allowed to unlock other weapons which were then able to be used on any faction you were playing on.

This isn't Bad Company, kids.

I think all weapons are available to both teams, would suck otherwise. The only battlefield game that forced weapons based on team was battlefield 2, but the advanced unlocks were available to all.