facebook on xbox

Okay I've reset my password for facebook twice now and the email is the only email i use.  I am positive i have typed them correctly but still over and over again i get a message that says my email or password is invalid.  I used to be able to login to facebook on my xbox no problem, now this its frustrating because I search this problem on the net and get no results, just login issues for xbox live itself.  Please help.  p.s. it logs in to the PC just fine; my xbox facebook has not worked for about two weeks now.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

i've tried that twice now, but i'll try again...this is crazy for such a lame app lol

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

go into your hard drive on the xbox, delete the app, and then redownload it from xbox live

Sorry this didn't help.

Reset your Facebook password via the PC. This should update the information for the console version, so you shouldn't have problems logging in from there.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey angel, could you try those steps again, but in this order? 1) Delete the app from your console. 2) Clear your console cache. 3) Change your password on the Facebook website via PC. 4) Re-install the app on your console. 5) Log in on your console. Please let me know if this resolves your issue!

Sorry this didn't help.

From Facebook, I searched for the App "Xbox LIVE" and authorized it to have access to my Facebook information. This included a step of logging in to LIVE. After that, I was able to login from the Xbox. I was able to share an achievement, but I had to enter my FB credentials a second time, and authorize the post. Now when I check my authorized Facebook apps, "Xbox LIVE" appears twice, with different information under each. Anyway, as far as I can tell, there are no instructions stating the FB App authorization prerequisite. The only clue I found was in the "Remove the connection to Facebook" section of the "Post to Facebook from your Xbox 360 console" topic, which mentions removing the application. Maybe if I had tried to share an achievement first, this might have worked; I had only tried the Facebook icon on the dashboard.

Sorry this didn't help.

unfortunately i already tried that several times and still get the same message, i've also tried different combinations of deleting the app and restarting my xbox to no avail.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, but those steps, and numerous other attempts, don't work for me. I was in the Beta and was able to log in to the Facebook app prior to that, although it would never remember my login information. Some other things I have tried include changing my Facebook security settings to disable login notifications, disable login approvals, and I even tried the "create App Passwords" which specifically says the generated password can be used instead of my regular password for "apps such as Jabber, Skype, Xbox". I reported the login issue during the Beta and it was almost immediately closed as an "external issue" with no comment whatsoever.

Sorry this didn't help.