Fable: The Journey & Fable 4 soon + New consoles TBA at E3

Looks like we'll be getting a Kinect only Fable game called "the journey" and also a controller based Fable 4 soon. Hopefully it makes up for the foul taste Fable III left us with.

Also it would seem like the new consoles are likely to be released at this years E3, so cheers for emptying our wallets for a new console soon :P

Linkage

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="x B1ackDah1ia x"]Hopefully it makes up for the foul taste Fable III left us with.[/quote]I liked Fable III. I don't understand why people think it was horrible.

I rather wait for 4 , i don't like the removal of weapons that they are doing with the Journey that without mention that is a kinect game.

[quote user="Fullmetal1986"]

[quote user="x B1ackDah1ia x"]Hopefully it makes up for the foul taste Fable III left us with.[/quote]I liked Fable III. I don't understand why people think it was horrible.

[/quote]

I think it had to do that it felt less of an RPG, and the fact that you couldn't change the difficulty if you wanted.  It didn't fell right in comparison to Fable 2.  Its like they dumbed down the game play.  I know a lot of people enjoyed and others hated it.  For me, I thought it was mediocre at best.  Just wasn't a lot of fun for me.

Here is what the "source" that claims the next-gen Xbox will be "Launched at E3 2012"  actually said:

[quote]A source with knowledge of Microsoft’s plans within the company’s Entertainment and Devices Division has confirmed with BGR that Microsoft intends to unveil its next-generation Xbox console at E3 2012 next summer. The source is not aware of Microsoft’s launch plans for the new Xbox, which we are told has been in development since 2006. Microsoft has sold nearly 54.4 million Xbox 360 units since the console’s introduction in November 2005. The video game system is currently the ninth most popular gaming console of all time behind Nintendo’s original NES and just ahead of Sony’s PlayStation 3, which has sold 51 million units to date.[/quote]BGR.com.  So, let me get this straight.  The "source" confirms Microsoft's intention, yet is unaware of launch plans?  Huh Whaaa?

Other than this ambiguous claim, and the rumours that Crytek are developing for the next-gen Xbox, there is nothing to suggest that the 3rd gen Xbox will be revealed at E3 2012, and even less than that to suggest that Fable IV will launch on that console.

Are you serious another new console next years, if that is the case microsoft will lose me as a customer.

Next E3 Microsoft better show me new exclusive games otherwise there is no reason for me to own an xbox anymore let alone buy a new version.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[/quote]

Same here, I actually liked Fable 3 a lot more than 2. Fable "Journey" though, I'll probably pass on, if it's a "On rails" Game, no thanks.

[/quote]I thought the main story wasn't so great and the combat is way too easy. When they added guns in fable 2 I didn't like that either.

Fable > Fable 2 > Fable 3 In my opnion.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]I thought the main story wasn't so great and the combat is way too easy. When they added guns in fable 2 I didn't like that either.

Fable > Fable 2 > Fable 3 In my opnion.

[/quote]

I kinda agree with the above but given the extremely broken Co-op "attempt" that should have been never even tried in Fable 2, I would say;

Fable> Fable 3> Fable 2

Fable 1 will always be my favorite. I have such fond memories playing it. It was beautiful. If Lionhead could take a few steps back and re-approach Fable with part 1 in mind, I'd buy that game, but after Fable 2, I didn't even consider 3 seeing as it was the same style as 2.

Anyways, about the new console, I thought the 360 had 5 years left. :(