Fable 3 problems

I have just tried to play fable 3. I have had the disc for a while now (months) and seems to be in a descent codition. Each time I try to play the game it tells me that there is an update for it, but at the same time I am disconnected from xbox live. If I accept the update it switches to the update bar, but it then closes and I get a message telling me that I need to be connected to xbox live and tells me to go on www.xbox.com/support and gives me a code. If I decline the update I am brought to the main menu of the game, but when I press start it says that my saved data was created on a MORE up to date version of the game. If anyone could help I would be very grateful.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

There has been an issue with LIVE this evening (not sure what),  but a lot of people have had problems updating their games. It could be connected to this, keep trying to update every now and then and hopefully whatever is wrong with the service will be fixed soon.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I think there have been issues for the last couple of weeks with people either not being able to log on to xbl or being randomly disconnected etc. I know because I had a couple days where I couldn't log on at all and there were a ton of posts on another unnamed forum about those problems .  Maybe this is connected to those problems.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys, what error code are you encountering in particular?

Sorry this didn't help.