Fable 2: A Hero's Tale - Error and no rewards

I know Fable 2 is old but I just got a new Xbox, new gamer tag/id, and started a new game of Fable.  At the beginning you get to a chest of your ancestor's and it says to go to www.fable2.com and you do that puppet show, make choices, then choose a crown and the stuff goes into your chest for you to collect.  So, I did all that but when I get to the end of the game, after I choose my crown, I get an error message.  I've tried it multiple times with no luck.  I tried talking to an Xpert through the site but it wasn't able to find anyone for me.  This is the only other place I've found to even attempt to get help.  Does anyone know what's up?  What I can do?  Or who/how to contact someone?  Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated August 19, 2018 Views 88 Applies to:

So the issue is on the website itself, correct? If so, please try clearing your cache and cookies in the browser, and if that doesn't work, go ahead and try another browser. If the issue persists, than it may be that the web service is no longer available.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The hero's tale was discontinued some time ago so unfortunately you can no longer obtain in game collectibles through the chest using this website. But the only real thing of worth was the chicken suit and hero dolls (both of which you need for 2 specific achievements in the game).

But you can trade with other users in the game world to obtain these items, the best place to catch a crowd of people is Bowerstone market.

Be sure to go into the online settings while in game and activate 'all orbs' otherwise you will not be able to see, communicate with or trade with other people in the game.

Hope this helps a little.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's strange, I completed the "chest quest" last October then when I had my xbox repaired and had to start again it's now saying the website is 404.  In just that short time period they took it away.  They shouldn't put something in a game like that and take the site away or down it.  Really bummed me out that it stays closed now.

Sorry this didn't help.

cant do the completionist achevement with out the expression or is there enyother way to get it

Sorry this didn't help.

Meteoric - please check out GreyPilgrim's post. It has the information we have available on the only way to obtain those items.

Sorry this didn't help.

(using internet explorer only), log into the xbox site, login, then goto "fable2.xbox.com/Experience.aspx"

if you are logged into the site, then next time you open the game, you will have all the rewards ^_^

you DON'T Need to trade to get these rewards

Sorry this didn't help.