F4 Stategy Guide?

Does anyone know if there is going to be a F4 guide?  I was told there wasn't, but just wanted to check.  If not, I guess I will pick up the F3 one.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Why would you need a guide for Forza? If you have questions I'm sure someone here will answer it.

I was kind of wondering the same thing.  Granted, the manual that came with 3 was horrible, and I'd guess 4's will be just as bad.

If you're wanting a strategy guide for car setups, my guess would be that settings are going to change (probably quite a bit) between 3 and 4.  Basic tuning concepts would likely still apply, but there are a number of sites out there which can teach you about that.

If you're looking for pointers on how to race (lines to take, when to shift, braking points, etc.), again...any real-world racing site can help you there.

Other than that, I don't think there's really much strategy to be applied...get in car, go fast.

Yeah, I'm not sure if a guide is really necessary for a game like this. Just make sure you drive faster than everyone else.

some of the setups can be hard for newbies,and to have to tune most cars to get the best performance it can get a bit repetative and annoying.

i would like a printed guide sometimes ,just telling you the best setting for some of the more difficult to perfect tuning options such as the dampers,camber % etc.

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

i would like a printed guide sometimes ,just telling you the best setting for some of the more difficult to perfect tuning options such as the dampers,camber % etc.

[/quote]

That's the thing, there is no "magic bullet" setting that works for all cars.  It varies greatly depending on weight and weight distribution, tire size, drivetrain type, etc., not to mention driving style and personal preferences.

I'm sure before long that there'll be a Forza 4 tuning calculator up on the web, similar to the one we currently have for FM3.  That would've been a great thing to add into 4, actually...having to pop open your laptop every time you start tuning a new car can get to be a royal pain after a while.  Once you do it enough though, you come to know which settings need to be adjusted where, more or less by driving the car and seeing how it feels (and by memory).

a lot of people don`t understand that "feel" though of exactly what it is that needs changing.

i am on season 6 on fm3 and i still struggle setting up my cars most of the time.

i always manage to tune them so they are either perfect at low speeds,cornering and grip etc but as soon as you get a bit of speed up you end up snaking the car all over the road or the other way round,stable at 200mph but can`t take the simple corners as low speeds,gets really annoying.

a simple car by car guide for that inbetween option would be a really good idea if someone came up with one.

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

a lot of people don`t understand that "feel" though of exactly what it is that needs changing.

[/quote]

Agreed.  The in-game descriptions of each setting helps, but it's easy to get bogged down in the minutiae and lose sight of how you're affecting the car overall.  A car by car strategy guide would be insane...with over 500 in the game, plus DLC...it'd be an encyclopedia and would weigh a ton.  There really needs to be something like Feuerdog's Car Setup Tool included directly in the tuning menu of the game itself.

thanks for that link,why didn`t i know about that before season 6??

is there one of them for forza 2,or will that one work for that one as well?

i am only halfway through forza 2 so that would be really useful.

I know I used one for Forza 2, though I don't know exactly which one it was...I found this link which seems like it would help, and says it's based off the same guy who's behind the Car Setup Tool for FM3.  If that doesn't work, I'd just do a search for Forza 2 Setup Tool or something like that...I'm sure there's still a lot of info out there.

cheers,i will give them both a go when i get a chance,hopefully they will do one for forza 4,it will save a lot of hassle for a lot of people.