EXTREMELY slow download speeds

Hey all, I'm currently downloading TMNT: Out of the Shadows, and the download speed is LUDICROUSLY slow. The file is 1.78 GB, and about two hours in, I'm at 32%. I've tested my connection on speedtest.net and got about 18 MBps, so that isn't the issue. I don't believe it has anything to do with ports, and I've reset my modem and my router. Short of pulling out my entertainment center and laboriously hooking up the Xbox directly to the modem, I'm out of ideas. Help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Maybe it's just lag on the Xbox server since a lot of people might be trying to download the same game.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you tried downloading any other content? Is it just as slow? Also, you may want to have a look at the following article on Xbox.com. It's not exactly related to your issue, but it may provide some useful tips: support.xbox.com/.../slow-performance-solution

Sorry this didn't help.

First describe me what Xbox model do you own? 360 Arcade, 360 Elite, or the Xbox Slim? If you own one of the first two that I listed then it could possibly be you Wi-Fi adapter. This issue has occurred to me 16 months ago when my xbox would download things for many hours and it would disconnect from time to time. I then bought a new Wi-Fi adapter and it was the adapter that caused all of those problems.

Sorry this didn't help.