Extended Service Plan available or not ?

I just happened to check the warranty status of my console that is still within the warranty period and saw this

Device and bundled accessory replacements are available at no charge through the standard warranty expiration date of Jan 23, 2014. This device is eligible for an Extended Service Plan.

Looks good, £31.99 for two years, much cheaper than the £65 should the console go wrong out of warranty. So off I go to purchase the plan and right at the end get this.

1094 - There’s a good chance that this is not something you’ve done wrong, but an error that we’re not yet aware of. We think that the best thing to do is to start again from the home page. If the problem persists, please contact our support team and reference error code 1094 for assistance.

So off I trot to online support, they confirm they do provide this extended service plan and to contact phone support, so I do so. Phone support then inform me they don't do an extended service plan.

So all I need to know is do Microsoft sell this extended plan or not ? If not then the service centre website needs to be looked at and this section amended.

Thanks in advance

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Seems real odd. Id check with @XboxSupport on twitter for further clarification or try giving support another call back until you make them give it to you

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have an extended service plan not sure why you were told it's not possible to buy it. I got it on my Xbox 360 Gears of War 3 console. My expiration date was in Dec. 2012, now it's Dec. 2014. I bought it from the website. If it wasn't available, I'm not sure why it would still be listed on the newly designed website as a choice. You may have just gotten a bad rep, try calling back.

Sorry this didn't help.

I too had an extended warranty for my Reach Xbox (it's expired now).  You need to make sure you're speaking to the hardware department as they would be the only ones who could help you purchase that.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the replies, I'll call support again today and post back how things go.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just a quick update. I contacted phone support again, the support rep said he doesn't have the tools to sell me the ESP and has escalated the matter.

Sorry this didn't help.

That is great. Hopefully you get it

Sorry this didn't help.

After following all your advice I get a call from Microsoft Corporate in America, I'm in the UK and they took the time to call me, hats off to you guys that's some major support.

-

Warranty purchased and in place, thanks to you all for the advice. Huge thanks to the lady from Microsoft Corporate for making my weekend that little bit brighter.

-

Extended Service Plan: Your device and bundled accessories are covered for hardware malfunctions through Jan 23, 2016.

Sorry this didn't help.