Expired credit card renewal.

Hi,

So last year i renewed my subscription with a prepaid card and i just found out that by doing this it turnson the automatic renewal. Thing is, my subscription was supposed to end on March 13th and i didn't plan to renew it. Instead it used my room mate's old expired credit card.

I heard that sometimes old cards get charged even if it is past the expiration date but due to a car accident last year he lost his wallet with his old credit card inside. Since then he got a new credit card and a new credit card number, his current credit card didn't get charged and he told me that he didn't receive any kind of receipt regarding Xbox Live.

Now it says that my next payment is due in 2014. So I'm wondering what''s going on. Has this ever happened to somebody here?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hey there, I had a similar thing happen to me, minus the whole losing my wallet.

So they charged an expired card without me even knowing. The funny thing is that they charged my card the day before I entered a 12 month code to my account.
Leap year pretty much screwed up my numbers. I was used to always renewing on the same day but I forgot to factor in the extra day in Feb.

The only thing is that I didnt have a reissued card from that company/bank. When that card expired, I had paid off everything and cancelled the account.

So with MS charging your expired card, you might end up receiving a few emails about a due balance that was charged but no payments were made due to the card issues.

You said you didnt want XBL this year so the best thing to do is call them right away, explain that you used a redeem code before and that the code ended up turning auto renew back on, without your consent.

They will be able to void your payment and subscription and revert your account back to Silver.

Just give 1-800-4MY-XBOX a call and speak to the guys in Billing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same happened to me, but I didn't realize until almost a year after my dad cancelled the card. I tried to put the prepaid card code in and it didn't work. Luckily that day I called support and they fixed it in no time for me and even waived off the extra year. So as he said above just try contacting support and billing and they should fix it for you easily.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.