expat support

I'm English living in France. Although my MS account region is France, I've setup my Xbox One to be English language and region UK (because I can't choose France as a region when the language is English - thanks a lot Microsoft). The big question is what support is there in games for multiple languages ? This information is NEVER shown on the packaging of an in-store game disk. The best you get in France is "jeu en français" (game in french), but that doesn't mean the disk doesn't also have the english language version on it. If you see what I mean. Trouble is, I can't tell by reading the packaging and 70€ is an expensive experiment.

If I buy and download a game from the French online Market Place will I be able to play it in English (after switching my Xbox One language & region back to English) ? AC4 especially. If I buy a game in a french store, will the disk load in English ?

Many thanks for help. Would love to buy and download stuff locally, but will only do so if I can actually play in English.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to: