Exiting the game....

I feel really stupid asking this question, so forgive me.  I'm not much of a gamer, just usually buy the big games to see what they're all about.  I was playing GTA5 last night for the first time and enjoyed it quite a bit.  After a couple of hours (which is usually my gaming limit) I was done for the night.  I was at the part when the black character meets the white dude at his pool for the first time.  I went up to his bedroom to go to bed to save the game and he wouldn't get in the bed.  So I figured it had probably autosaved.  But long story short, when you're done, how do you exit the game?  I assume I missed something, but I looked for awhile and couldn't find a way to leave the game.  I finally just exited through the dashboard which doesn't seem right.  What am I missing?  Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

The character you are playing as has to sleep in their own bed. SO playing as Franklin you wouldn't be able sleep/save in Mike's bed. I believe you can also save from the phone...

My dad me asked the same question I told him the only way I know and the way I do it, after saving hit start and wait for map to load then just dashboard. Its odd hows theres no exit in options maybe they'll make one.

There is no exit to title screen I this game. You can either just quick save with Ifruit or Drone which ever character you are, and after it saves just go to dashboard.

Like Gderrty said, you can save on your phone as well. Hit up on the directional pad, then 'quick save' from your phone. It's a neat feature.

I love the quick save option on the phone.  You could be in your car in the middle of the highway (off mission), quick save, and pick up right where you left off in the same car, same spot.

Again, probably a dumb question, how do I get the phone app?  I'm an android user so I would assume it's on Google Play?  Do I go through the GTA website?  Is that what the "Social Club" is?

[quote user="IamJacksColon99"]

Again, probably a dumb question, how do I get the phone app?  I'm an android user so I would assume it's on Google Play?  Do I go through the GTA website?  Is that what the "Social Club" is?

[/quote]

He was talking about using the in-game phone to save. The android app has not been released yet.

Press up on the D-Pad to bring up the phone, then go down to quick save. This is what I do on the way to start a mission. Saves time so you don't need to drive back home to save.

Ohhhhhhh...I get it.  Cool.  Thanks.

I have the same problem.

I'm super new to console gaming, broke down and scored an xbox one.

I have no sound, (I think I need an HDMI cable for that problem - from my Sony Home Theatre to the xbox),

BUT, how do you exit a game in progress?? It can't be rocket science, can it??

Also, ejecting the disc from the console, how does that happen?

Please, some gamer in cyberland, can you help a newbie out with these questions with some understandable answers?

Thanking you in advance

GeorGe 2doggZ