Exiled Prince worth it?

I'm about to start my second playthrough and was just wondering if the Exiled Prince DLC was worth picking up before i start

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I enjoyed it. I got mine with the Signature Edition, but would recommend it. Have you played Origins? There was worse dlc's for that game.  How much is it, btw?

it adds one character that leads to mayb 2 quest lines.... not worth it if its over 250 pts

It's a good DLC but Sebastian is useless when you have the high and almighty...*drumroll*..VARRIC!

I am still having trouble unlocking the associated achievements... according to Bioware, uninstalling & redownloading the DLC may fix it.  I deleted all the DLC for DA2 and redownloaded all of it, then used Sebastian in the final mission and nothing ever unlocked yet.  When I get some time I am planning on uninstalling the game and all DLC again to give it another chance. :(

I had that problem. Like you say, I uninstalled both the dlc, and the game.  It sorted the problem out for me, and the achievements triggered after next playthrough.

What about the items packs? Seems kind of lame to make us buy that sort of stuff, but is it worth it?

I bought the mage one. No interest in the warrior one, may consider Rogue later.  Dont know if they r worth it, but my mage looks pretty awesome in his new kit.

[quote user="WHITExBxU"]

it adds one character that leads to mayb 2 quest lines.... not worth it if its over 250 pts

[/quote]

Not really true. That character's story expands the entire game from Act 1 to Act 3, with plenty of quests along the way. Like some other people in the thread I got it with my Bioware Signature Edition, but I think it's worth the 560 MS. I've seen worse DLC for 560 ms and no achievements (Fable 3's Understone Quest pack for example).

It's actually cheaper to just buy the entire pack for 400MSP. After playing with all the items from start to finish, I would say in my opinion that the Rogue and Mage sets are the best. They contain weapons and other items that you can use the entire game because they scale with level. Take the Rogue knives for example, they are now the best weapons in the game for rogue that you can use the entire game. Sometimes you would come upon some daggers with higher attack but considering the bonus stats on the knives they are still better. Same with the Mage staff in the pack, the Warrior doesn't have a two hand sword that levels up with you, so I was disappointed in that, however it does have some pretty sweet swords in the pack.

My gripe with the DLC items is if you have them from the start of a new playthrough you don't need to buy any other weapons throughout the game. All items in the three packs seem way overpowered in comparison to the in-game items for the comparable equipping requirements.

Plus, you get them delivered to your home with no cost or effort involved. Bioware should have made you work for them, either in finding them as washed up cargo on the Wounded Coast, or stealing them from the Templar's armoury, or some other believable means of acquisition.

I find it extremely unlikely that penniless Gamlen has been hoarding such treasures or you dragged it all from Lothering.