Execution Rules

Don't get me wrong I love Gears 3. In fact I am reupped and only four achievements left so that shows how i love the game :O)

But  there is some cosmetic things that really can be annoying.   Like  for example that HUGE NON SEE THRU black banner that comes out and takes up the whole screen that says "Execution Rules...blahblahblah".  It pops out i mean at the weirdest and most unexpecting times, takes up the whole screen  and stays there for like 10 seconds.  I actually counted one time and  it was 8 seconds one time that tayed there.    Enough time for me to get shot from behind because i couldnt see anything except that banner.    It is really obtrusive in my opinion :O) hehe.  I think seriously that they  could just pop up a small thing on top of the screen  that is just a a simple warning and that is  transparent background  . and doesnt stay that long.  that would work.

I mean whats odd about it  is i seen it in HORDE  too.. when i am trying to shoot down an enemy that is  just about ready to stomp on a crawling  team mate and when the bullets hit the teammate (thank god for freindly fire off setting)   i get that  huge ugly banner popping in there...I have NO CLUE why it shows up in  HORDE mode but it does.

Also the ribbon awards that pop up could be less obtrusive as well but since they dont stay on the screen that long that are that much of an issue.. but still could use transparent background.. Maybe?!?!/     or mybe a setting where you can  set that that in the video settings for  YOUR OWN personal preference?!

I also think that the HORDE score keep on the top left hand corner is also   like taking up alot of  valuable screen real estate, specually when the  BONUS rounds are in progress and  it add EVEN MORE to it.    They have it like 6 inches fomr the left side of the screen with all that EMPTY space   you would thinktheycould move it closer to the LEFT and to the TOP.   To me thats wasted  space.  .. i think if they moved them score things close to the edges boths side of the screen (same with the weapon ammo counter).. that would give  alot more room to the screen!..  OF course  ZOOMING in to bring the  hud closer to the edge would only defeat the purpose cause you would be zooming in EVERYTHING on the screen!.. including the actual game play .. so that wouldnt work.

OH yeah also another thing too put a SORT function on the MEDALS and ribbons so you can sort them to anyway you want just by a press of a button  :O)   ok ok just a thought :O)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I really don't have a problem with anything that you have mentioned. That's just me though.

complain much? that banner coming up saying Execution Rules means you are shooting someone while they are down and they can't die that way. Maybe stop that and you wont see the banner anymore.

[quote user="XBL Prophet"]

I really don't have a problem with anything that you have mentioned. That's just me though.

[/quote]+1.

complain much!?/ no i guess i dont thats why i am  "complaining" now...  . NO i am not complaining..  just cosmetic things..and the stuff taking up alot of  valuable space on the screen!...    BUT duhhhhhhh.. why does that banner come up in HORDE?!?!   i can see it coming up  for BEAST when your SHOOTIG a hero.. and he goes down.. but in HORDE?!?!  .. Come on people!!  it doesnt need to be there at all!.. and not be there covering your whole screen forr 8 seconds... i mean  really!!  .   anyways I LOVE the game.. just some thoughts about the screen!...    GOD I AM SORRY IF i offended all you  gears lovers.. I didnt realize you people take offense when one is stating thier own opinion!.. FORGIVE me for postring! !  You can delete this post now.. i guess!..  maybe so it wont offend anyone else ...you think?!

lol, feel better? Yes, it shouldn't be in Horde

don't know if i have ever seen that banner :P

Huh? I haven't seen it either. I'd think "Execution Rules" would only come up while playing that mode. Sorry about your dilema.

happens to me on king of the hill mostly.... and dont worry.... "haters gonna hate" for every action on these types of forums... theres always a troll to tell you why your wrong to have an opinion or call names ...or theyre smarter than you are, or a better gamer.... you get the picture.... cant win with these types of people...

So every complaint with this game is valid? WOW, how did this series get so popular and why do so many people still play this broken game?

[quote user="Lord Dirt"]

So every complaint with this game is valid? WOW, how did this series get so popular and why do so many people still play this broken game?

[/quote]This is an awesome question.  I cant answer it for anyone else, but for me i think this sums it up:

HI! My name is Sin and I am a Gearsaholic!  I last played Gears yesterday and I will play again today.  I needs to stop :P