Excluding advertising, how costly have CoD games been since 4?

WaW, MW2, BO, and MW3 were probably cheap games to make. Most of the money behind them probably went to advertising. I mean, you are using the same engine and same gameplay. All you are doing is making new levels for campaigns and multiplayer, reskinning weapons, and adding some miniscule features. The only major new additions to CoD since 4 have been zombies and spec ops.

The rest is probably just barely a step up from forging new maps on a Halo game, only using more advanced technology. I guess since Activision knows it has a die hard fanbase, it doesn't really feel the need to compete so it has decided to go the cheap route.

I wish there was some way to open up people's eyes. The only way we are going to get a better CoD is if people stop buying it. That will either shut down the franchise or force it to innovate.

But, if people enjoy paying $60 for an expansion pack and another $60 worth for DLC maps per year, there is nothing the rest of us can do about it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

im pretty sure you could google the question yourself? if your actually asking one.

That'd be kinda interesting to know.  

I don't think anyone buy Activision and Infinity Ward/Treyarch would know. It'd be hard to get a figure without advertising though. It's a huge part of the cost of game development.

The quality goes down with every release so the answer should be obvious.

Why would they spend more to make a better shooter when they already don't really have any competition as it is?

Every game is competition to COD.

[quote user="sic0198"]

Every game is competition to COD.

[/quote]

No?  MW3 will outsell any shooter that releases around the same time. I'm not a CoD fanboy (hate that word anyway), it's just the truth.

Its basic ROI, they dont need to innovate if they know X people will buy the game on name alone.

If you dont want this to continue simply do not purchase the game. The only thing customers can do is vote with there money.

IMO Battlefield is far superior in every way to COD.

I doubt the COD games since MW cost much more to make than 2-3 map packs each. There have been no appreciable game engine upgrades between games and only previously patched bug fixes being rolled in with each successive title. Great for profit, but the reason why I don't waste my time and money on them. BF3 FTW!

Since EA is spending $100 million on advertising this year, I bet people will are going to have to think more on which one they will buy.