Everyone accepts my Paypal-Acc. Only Live gives me trouble.

After some searching around on the forums here, I found out that I'm not the only one with such problems.

I pay for all online game purchases and DLC with paypal. Works perfect with everything thus far, from EA to Steam to Ubisoft. With all of them I chose Paypal as a payment option, put in my name and password and I get the stuff.

Now Games for Windows/Xbox Live is the very first place that requires me to add a bank account or credit card. I don't own a credit card and I don't want to add my bank account and continue with direct transactions. When I learned something from the PS3 debacle then that giving your credit card information is never ever a good idea. That Microsoft requires this crap is ridiculous. It's not like I'm not used to being screwed by Games for Windows live, but this is final straw!

Maybe I miss something, but I don't see a way around this. And yes, my Paypal account has a goddamn positiv balance.

I think about just buying the games I already own on Steam just so I can buy the DLC hassle-free and will avoid GFWL in the future.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Now after some more searching, and reading a second time through the stickies and browsing through my contact information, I reckoned that my billing adress is my old adress. If the billing adress here on live and paypal would match, would I then be able to use paypal correctly?

But that just creates a new problem: I can't change the country in the billing information.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Try going to billing.microsoft.com and see if you can change your information there. I'm fairly certain you are not able to change your country however. In which case, you would have to try your luck calling up support on the phone

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.