Every time its something else.

Every time i contact a agent for help on this they give me something different to do even if its not really relevant to my problem.The run down is I'm trying to purchase something on the marketplace and it always gives me a error message status code: 80153410.  I'm using Microsoft points for all my purchases as well and this problem also started randomly one day and I've contacted 5 agents and none of them where even slightly helpful or seemed to have much insight on the problem this is getting very stressful.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

They have to escalate the issue. Call them back and MAKE SURE they escalate the case to microsoft. This code is giving a lot of people trouble. Having it escalated is the only way to have this fixed. Also, it should be noted here and now that there is not a specified turnaround time on this issue. Some have had it fixed quickly, others have had to wait weeks. Call them back! Make sure they escalate to tier 3 for not being able to spend MSP. 18004MYXBOX (dont forget to get the service request number by the end of the call.)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Also just to confirm, when you speak to an agent are you doing it online??   Because, if yes, you need to make sure your talking to Support Chat, and not  Community Chat.  Only reason I say this is because we are the Community Chat and often get confused for real support agents.  While a lot of us have answers to the issues individuals may have, we don't always have the ones people want to hear or what they are looking for.

I'm not trying to diss ourselves, but there are plenty of times community chat gets confused for support chat and thus reflects badly upon us, as we don't have all the answers for peoples problems. Especially when they deal with credit or purchasing issues and the individual continues to select Community Chat as a mean to resolve the issues.

Community Chat are Xbox users with a high knowledge base of the troubles that can plague the live network, but are by no means a replacement to the Support staff at Xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

It is support chat with a agent i haven't called them yet hoping i wouldn't have to but i guess i will do that and make sure they get this stuff straightened out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you know if this problems on there end or mine cause i didn't do anything different from the other like 4 years of xbox live market using it just randomly started so i assume its on there end.

Sorry this didn't help.

Its probably on your end as apparently that code is related to credit card info being wrong or suspicious activity was detected

support.xbox.com/en-CA/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/xbox-live-credit-card-authorization-failure

You can read about it there.  As well as solutions to the problems you might be having or the reason your having them. Most commonly, its just due to the date on your card has expired recently and needs to be renewed on the site.

When you said you use points, are they points bought with your card, or a points card bought from the store?. It's just if there has been too much activity on your CC or debit card on live in the past month or so, it will come in as a hacked card or stolen card.  I know because I've had it happen to my CC, from my retailer, I'm not a big spender but one month I did a lot of mini transactions at school for food and stuff.  They froze my account because it wasn't my normal spending habits, so I had to call my CC company and be like... Uh its not stolen, It's me making the purchases, and then they unfroze it.  You may need to do the same, whether it be with your company, or MS themselves.

Sorry this didn't help.

There point cards from the store so no its not a credit card.

Sorry this didn't help.

AYOOOOOO they fixed it idk what they did but its fixed now.

Sorry this didn't help.