Ever so patient with Skyrim.

After trying to figure out why I couldnt complete a quest telling me I needed a steel ingot, when I really needed a silver ingot and then having the game freeze up on me.... WOW,  why are we so forgiving to Skyrim?   If this was COD or something it would be the biggest fail ever.  I enjoy the game very much but glitching is a big issue (which has been adressed in other threads). 

Now I feel a bit better.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Im glad you feel better.

hoping i dont come across any broken quests, maybe ill be lucky. had no problems so far. quest related anyway

I'm sorry that you are having issues, but after 100 hrs I haven't encountered any game breaking glitches.

-

Maybe it's because I'm playing on PC, but the worst things I've seen are a few shadow glitches and some flying mammoths.

People give Skyrim a lot of patience due to what it's TRYING to do with gaming in general... Massive, living worlds and hundreds of hours of gameplay.

-

They are incredibly ambitious and usually hit the nail right on the head, But within this ambition comes the huge complexities of such an enormous living world. And with those complexities come many bugs.

-

Call of Duty, Battlefield, Medal of Honor etc. don't get any patience because they are basically clones of each other (Speaking generally here, modern warfare games are VERY played out by now) and are very simple games. Tiny maps, limited weapon choices, super simple gameplay, etc.

-

I would rather have an overly ambitious game that tries to evolve gaming as we know it with some bugs instead of MODERN SHOOTER 55: SHOOTING MODERNLY that runs perfectly (Funny thing is, those games can't even get it right...)

Came across my second ever bug in the game. I talked with Maven Black-Briar about being Thane and she said I must buy a house first. After doing so, an objective popped up saying to speak to Maven. The only thing I could talk to Maven about though, was about the quest between Frost the Horse. After completing the quest, I tried talking to Maven and there was no option about becoming the Thane. It's not much of a biggy, but still. Riften is my hometown. But yet I cannot be Thane. :(

I've got about 16 weight units worth of dodgy quest items stuck in my inventory, a reward I can't collect,  and a dead snowy saber cat that I have to kill....but aside from those little annoyances the game's been awesome so far

LOL, I entered Whiterun, and a dragon fell on me.... I got its soul, it all good.  I return to the khajiit that needed the silver ignot (not the steel one) to make incense, and he wont take it?   WTF?  

This is after the update.....

I have yet to see a broken quest.    I will admit, I've been stuck and unknowning what to do for what seemed like a long time in some cases, but I have always figured it out.

Game freezing is a sign of system failure  

We forgive because we <3 bethesda.