ESO PC about to embark first major game update

"As you may have seen from the patch notes on PTS (Update 1 has been available to our PTS players for a week), the first update contains much more than just Craglorn, our first Adventure Zone. It also contains lots of tweaks and bug fixes above and beyond what we’ve been doing on the live servers. Keep in mind that the PTS patch notes aren’t final—more changes will be made as we continue testing. Here’s a summary of what’s new in Update 1:

• Craglorn, the first Adventure Zone, specifically created for groups of Veteran Rank 1 and above characters
  • Trials, which are 12-player “raid”-type instances for Veteran Rank characters, featuring completion time leaderboards
  • Death recap: you can now see who killed you and what ability they were using. This is invaluable information in dungeons, PvP, and Craglorn
  • Underdog bonuses in Cyrodiil—you’ll get more Alliance Points and XP while fighting for an alliance with a lower population in your campaign
  • Animation tweaks and polish
  • Combat ability balance changes and fixes
  • Class ability tweaks and updates
  • Content bug fixes, especially edge cases where quests could become de-synced
  • And much, much more—check out the final patch notes when they are posted in the forums

Update 1 will hit the live servers as soon as testing is completed on PTS. Stay tuned for news about the exact date you’ll be able to play it."

Source: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/05/01/the-road-ahead---may-1st?ref=home

Discussion Info

Last updated July 30, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I tried google first and found a glossary of MMO and MMORPG terms but no luck. What does PTS mean? I saw the page you refer to and it seems like they have been really busy on the PC side of the aisle. I wish they would get cranked up on the consoles.

I suppose, since you didn't answer my post, that you know nothing about the questionnaire either?

[quote] What does PTS mean? [/quote]

Public Test Server. It's where they test the content before it goes live.

[quote] I suppose, since you didn't answer my post, that you know nothing about the questionnaire either? [/quote]

I'm not sure about that question so I didn't answer it. As far as I'm aware the megaserver is really just a massive clump of players from all over the world.

I guess the questionnaire is related to the cake in Portal and the cow level in Diablo III. That is, it's a lie. :-) thanks for the definition.

Personally I would like them to work with Microsoft a bit on the Xbox One console version servers because the US megaserver is down for maintenance 2 times a week and they come down right in the AU/NZ primetime hours.