Error reading the disc.

Okay first off, i hope i'm posting in the correct place.

Well i have recently become aware that some of the games i have are becoming unreadable after owning them for more or less 12 months. I have a bad case of OCD so i make sure to keep my games in their original cases. I put them away neatly and carefully each time after use. However, 3 of my games have now become unreadable. I tried my luck installing them of the hard drive. 2 of the 3 games installed just over 70% before giving the error message, the other one didn't even make it to the 30% mark. I've used a number of cleaning methods to clean them but i still get the same error message every time. Is there anything at all i can do? Anything besides actually having to go out and purchase new copies?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Try renting or borrowing a copy of that game and install that copy to your HDD.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you tried one of those refurbisher things? I think those things kind of "carve" off the surface of the cd or something. My halo reach cd was unreadable so I put it in the refurbisher a couple of times, wiped it off with a soft cloth and it worked again (the refurbisher cost me about $40 but it was worth it).

Sorry this didn't help.

Also mate, if you haven't checked it out already, this guide should be of some use to you.

Sorry this didn't help.