Error message "Can't download this item." when downloading my game.

I had preordered a copy of Crysis 3, and as a preorder bonus you get a free downloadable copy of Crysis 1. I played Crysis 3, beat the campaign and play some multiplayer but after a while I remembered I got a copy of Crysis 1 to download. I started downloading it and i went out to do some stuff and eat dinner. came back it was about half way done (as expected with my slow Internet). So I paused it for a little bit so I could play some Crysis 3 multiplayer before i went to bed. right before bed i started the download again. I had to go to school so the next weekend I had free i had forgotten about Crysis 1 until yesterday. I looked for it in my games but couldn't find it. So I checked my hard drive to see if it was all downloaded and i found Crysis there and the size was 4.1 GB and it was incompleate (the game is 4.09 GB) but I didnt think much about it. I went to my download history and tried redownloading it. it shows 0% for about 30 sec then I get a popup saying "Can't download Crysis". I press the xbox button on my controller to see why it happened and all I get from it is the message "Can't download this item." and I have tryid everything i can find on fixing this and nothing works.I have tryid deleteing what was dowloaded and redownloading. I have tryid deleteing the cache and restarting the xbox the redownloading. nothing seems to be helping in anyway. PLEASE help if you know a fix.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Yeah, you have to delete the incomplete 4.1GB game. once its gone, the download should have no issue. But if your internet is running that sluggish, you may not be able to complete the download. I would move closer to yuor router, or plug an ethernet cable directly into the modem and 360, this will speed up the process qutie a bit.

go back to the storage device page and select your harddrive with Y- select clear system cache. then redownload out fo your history but like I said, if you have a poor connection speed or are connecting wirlessly- you're getting the error because of this.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried deleting the incomplete 4.1 GB from my hard drive and i have deleted the cache, but I will be getting new better internet connection when i move in our new house next week. Guess ill just have to wait til then. Thanks.

Oh and http://bit.ly/ZiLC9 is what i am using now. they dont even have it at verizon anymore but its the only thing i can use at my apt. When i move ill be getting better internet.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.