Error Downloadable Content has changed - Refund Please.

Hi,
I am having trouble with the game title: Call of Duty: Black Ops, Purchased on May 4th 2011.
I purchased the Escalation Map Pack using Microsoft Point's via my debit card.
The update left me unable to play:

1. Campaign
2. Multiplayer (All of the maps, except firing range)
3. Zombies (Solo and Multiplayer)
4. Theater.

The game is useless now, and I am demanding a refund for both the game and map-pack, or at least a fix to the problem.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 70 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm with you I've been on the old forums and the phone with xbox for weeks now with no progress.  both times i have been told i was being bumped up the ladder on xbox support and i would be called at a certain time from a technician they have failed to call me.  It seems there has been no progress at all on this problem and now the only resource we had (the old forum) has been deleted, with little trace of this problem prior to 2 days ago.  Perhaps demanding a refund is the best answer to this problem or at least the fastest route to a fix so i am with you and encourage all other people with this problem to post here demanding a refund for their games and downloadable content.

Xbox and treyarch pa attention people are fed up with this and you're providing no relief.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Can you please post a full description of the issue you're encountering, so I can look into it please? What happens when you try and play those game modes? Do different things happen when you try and access different modes?

Also, please include what you've tried to resolve the issue. Have you deleted the DLC, cleared your cache, and reinstalled it for instance? If not, please try the steps listed below:

Delete the content
System Settings > Memory > [select storage device] > Games > [select game] > [select content] > Delete

If the content is not in the above location, try looking in the Games folder for “Unknown Game”. Delete this and continue with the steps.

Clear system cache
System Settings > Memory > Highlight HDD, Press (Y) > Clear System Cache > Yes

Restart the system

Redownload from purchase history
Account Management > Download History > [select content] > Download Again

Sorry this didn't help.

with all do respect this is the answer xbox has been giving for weeks and it doesn't work.  it is time to take this beyond basic troubleshooting steps and admit you fried our games with title update 6 and fix it or refund our money.  I've cleared my cache and redownloaded the content probably 40 times it's never going to work.  my service request # from the phone support is 1153947775 if you can access that.

the problem on console involves all of the zombie maps including stock ones. it happened right after update 6. I own both dlc packs.  haven't tried campain and have very little time in multiplayer since this happened.  several other people have posted with this problem with varying degrees of problems.  Some have problems with specific multiplayer maps, some have problems only with escalation maps some have problems with campaign and all of them posted after update 6 fried their game. if you want some more info contact dj swertz he has been seeking a solution for a while now doesn't own dlc and mostly has problems with multiplayer maps i believe

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue with the DLC and nobody can seem to give me a straight answer. I guess i will have to demand to get my money back. I wish it did not have to come to this.

Sorry this didn't help.

I spoke with xbox on the phone again.  They have thrown their hands up and referred me to activision who has an almost non exhistent support dept.  I still hold xbox responsible as it was them who forced the update on me and them who i paid for content i cant use.  If this is the best answer they have to offer perhaps it's time to consider another class action lawsuit and a heap more bad press as clearly they have not learned from past mistakes with forced updates.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had this issue and I installed the game to hard drive and it works now. Before that none of the zombie maps worked, not even the maps included. Hope that helps someone. Could be a fluke, but I tried redrafting, cleaning disk and clearing cache to no avail. As soon as installed it worked fine again.

Sorry this didn't help.

MaTtKs was emailing me about 2 weeks ago now and we were trying to figure this out together and the last email he sent, he said they were working on a fix and he would keep me updated.  But like I said, that was 2 weeks ago.  Ive tried everything and we've narrowed it down to update 6 I believe.   Any Idea what update 6 was even supposed to do?  I know it added that advertisement for the new map pack just before it came out, but thats about it.   I heard it patched something that was letting people play free map packs downloaded off of a mod site too, which might lead to this "downloadable content" error.

Sorry this didn't help.

What Xbox do you use? I have Black Ops on my 2009 Pro and it doesn't work anymore because I need to get a new xbox with the new program Microsoft is rolling out for tomorrows update. I am getting a 250gb slim and a years live free because the update stops me from playing games. I can sometimes get into the games but the game won't work correctly a lot now

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a 2007 120gb Elite, and a 2008 256mb arcade.   Whats tomorrows update all about?  you say its going to render my systems useless?

Sorry this didn't help.

That is not correct. Please take a look at Major Nelson's post on the subject here. If you were in touch with phone support about this issue, please give them a ring back if you haven't heard from them by now.

Sorry this didn't help.