Error Code PUR5000

Whenever I try to make a purchase on my Xbox or off of the site, I am given the error message PUR5000 and it tells me to try again. Can someone explain this?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 37 Applies to:

Sorry but that code is not listed.  Your best bet here might be to contact phone support for more assistance.

support.xbox.com/contact-us

Good luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's happening to a lot of people today with TitanFall launching... Onyx is correct that it is not listed and based on analysis that's likely because it's not an error code related to failed transaction, which is all MS seems to think we need to know.

Based on what I have experienced, many years of past experience with e-commerce, as well as my experience wit MS, it is likely that the payment service is so busy it can't get an initial connection; therefore it's not a processing error, but more of an initialization error. It occurs to immediate to be a processing error.

MS should get a list of all error codes from the e-commerce service and the payment processor (they are available if they ask) and have them all posted - not just the ones they think may be relevant.

Sorry this didn't help.

Do any of y'all know how to fix the problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got this error code PUR500 when trying to renew xbox live for one month. The error screen shows a message "Try your purchase again: something went wrong..." I tried it a couple of more times, then went online and some people suggested changing payment type. I went on first my phone, then my surface and tried changing my payment from my credit card to my paypal acount for a total of 5 tries. Still no luck. So I came on to xbox.com to find number to call for assitance, and while i'm waiting, my bank alert goes off and i'm charged a total of 5 charges of 9.99 each, totaling $49.95. I finally speak with a xbox chat representative and they tell me it's an error they've been having problems with, but that my money is being refunded. That was on May 22, here it is June 4, I contact them back because i've still NOT received a any refunds. Support tells me now it can take up to 30 days to refund. So now i have basically $50 tied up, it's been charged and taken from my account, and i've received NO service for this. This is completely unacceptable. And the kicker is, i STILL didn't don't have xbox live! Now i'm afraid to try to renew at all because i can't afford to have more money tied up if they continue with this error. I'm totally unhappy with how they've handled this.

Sorry this didn't help.