Error Code 805a201b

When I do a code search I get no results. I have never had an issue before using anything on my Lumia 1020 AT&T phone. All software is up to date. Any suggestions? I cant play games such as Halo Spartan **** which I recently purchased and have yet to play but it will not allow me to play it. Other games such as Wordament work fine. Thanks for your Help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 67 Applies to:

What is the exact problem? What are you doing when it happens?

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When this occurs I am trying to refresh the app. However, it just resolved itself...

I appreciate your response.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, no worries.

I'm happy to hear it's working again for you :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

I would like to know the extent and potential solutions to this problem, if possible. Searching around yields little results and a soft/hard reset of the phone does not correct the error. My issue has been ongoing for roughly three to four days and has prevented me from downloading or updating any apps, as well as accessing my profile through the games app itself.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I typed a whole explanation of my issue out, only for the Xbox forums to deny me access, effectively wiping my entire post. So let me try again.

Upon selecting the 'Games' app on my Lumia 1520 and selecting my profile yields the error message. This same error occurs when I attempt to purchase or download any additional apps. This issue also occurs on both my Lumia 1520 as well as my HTC 8x. Strangely enough, it does not occur on my HTC Trophy 7.

Connectivity is not an issue, as all three devices are connected under the same network and all are capable of browsing the internet directly through the phone.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there Darkened Night.

Even though you're seeing the same error code as the OP, generally it's easier to help if you make a new thread. It keeps things tidier to have one user per thread. There are multiple reasons people could be seeing the same error code and so on.

That said, I can try to offer some solutions for you. Apologies in advance for bad spelling/grammar, but I wouldn't normally type from a phone.

The first thing: could you change the date+time settings on one of the phones seeing the error code? If on Automatic, change to Manual; if on Manual, make it Automatic. Verify time zone, date and time are all correct and try again.

If that makes no difference, could you go to http://Xbox.com/ToU and follow the steps to accept the Terms of Use? You should just have to log in to http://xbox.com and you'll be prompted to do so.

If neither suggestion helps we'll try to find some other solutions. Personally it'll be easier in the morning when I can do this from a proper computer.

In that case, could you let us know whether you are using the same primary Microsoft Account (MSA) across all three?

Let us know how you get on.

Sorry this didn't help.