Error code 0x87de0bb8 when playing Assassins Creed IV

My Assassins Creed IV is constantly crashing on the XB One, but every now and then it comes up with an error code 0x87de0bb8. It tells me to go to the Microsoft website and look the code up, but the code doesn't exist. Is anyone else having the same issue? Do you know how to fix it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Same here. AC constantly stops streaming its data and freezes. I have the digital copy of the game.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same exact problem, digital copy of the game. Bump for fix request.

Sorry this didn't help.

I received this error message, as well. But now, even my other games won't load. Need help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I think I found the solution.

This page: (www.lazygamer.net/.../fixed-xbox-one-games-not-loading) suggests that it is caused by a memory leak, and the system needs to be rebooted. Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds, and let it reboot to flush the memory.

My game loaded up again and I'm going to see whether or not I keep on encountering the same annoying issues that have been plaguing me lately.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been having the same problem with the digital version of FIFA 14. The problem's been so big that I have already lost my personal settings for about 4 times. It's very annoying. I'll try what PyroGenic86 suggested. From the comments in there, it seems like it works. If you don't want to open the link, here's what's in it:

"The theory behind this is that when your Xbox One goes into standby mode, or if you have been playing many different games for hours, the RAM isn’t being properly flushed and when it tries to load the new game it can’t and crashes out to the dashboard."

"To fix this either hold down the power button on the console for 10 or so seconds to force a cold reboot which will flush the RAM. Or put the console into standby mode and then disconnect it from the power supply totally and leave it disconnected until the light on the power brick goes out."

Credits to Gavin Mannion

Sorry this didn't help.

after seeing this code 0x87de0bb8 while trying to play ac4 so like i said before i uninstalled it and the game just disappeared can anyone help with problem

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, XxBigHomie215! This thread is kind of old here. If the suggestions above don't help you out, please create a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way we can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Sorry this didn't help.