error code 002408

Oh boy, after three months of dealing with that last error code, now I'm getting another one:

"There is a problem communicating with an Xbox service.  Please refer to error code 002408."

I can't play the daily challenges on Minesweeper, Mahjong, Solitaire, or Taptiles, nor some of the other games.  It may have started after my computer restarted to make Windows updates.

C'mon, Microsoft and Xbox, get it together!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Having the same issue.

Same exact issue.  After updates to Windows 8.

Things I've tried: Reinstalling apps.  Restarting Windows, repeatedly.  Removing app access to microsoft account, adding app access back.  Logging in to windows as microsoft account.  Downloading/installing apps while logged in as either microsoft account or local account.  No dice.

Anyone?  :(

Ditto

Have the same problem today. Never happened before. The problem must lie with the server.

Dito: Have the same problem today. Never happened before. The problem must lie with the server.

have the same problema. Is there no solution to it?

Me too, happened today, then I noticed there was an update to xbox, but after d/loading it, it's still coming up with this error

Yea, me too. It's ***. Do something with it!

Same exact issue.  Been unable to play daily challenges listed since yesterday evening.

Try this, First go to control panel shut off AUTOMATIC UPDATES! Then go to Programs and features look for KB2822241 uninstall it, then reboot, and Do a system restore to 4/10/2013 or 4/11/2013. Go back to Live tile screen and see if there's an UPDATE for GAME ie; Mahjong, Taptiles, Solitaire, DON"T DO it until you check game. MS Tech support thinks this might work!  I can't try the Restore part because of major programming change YESTERDAY so no Mahjong for me! Hopefully this will help someone.