Error C00D07C9

I connect my lumia 720 with zune by usb cable, then press wireless connection. zune shows that phone connected to correct wifi SSID. and when i press connect to wifi it shows error C00D07C9. I switch off all firewalls. name of my phone does`t contains space. What can i do with it??

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hi there! Alright, so this error code commonly occurs when your PC is connected to a public network, and the Windows Firewall is turned on, causing Zune to be unable to connect through said firewall. Below I have listed a snip from a support article on that code.

On Windows 8:

1. From the Start screen, start to type control panel, and then tap or click the Control Panel icon on the left side of the screen.
  2. Tap or click Network and Internet, and then tap or click Network and Sharing Center.
  3. Click Public network, and then click Work network or Home network.

Now, try using your Zune software again.

On Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP :

1. Click the Start button, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet, and then click Network and Sharing Center.
  2. Click Public network, and then click Work network or Home network.

Now, try using your Zune software again.

Establish a connection on your Zune player using the Zune software. Here’s how:

1. Start the Zune software on your computer, and then connect the Zune player to your computer.
  2. In the Zune software, click Settings at the top of the screen.
  3. Click Device in the upper-left corner, and then click Wireless Sync on the left.
  4. Click Set Up Wireless Sync, and then click Show Advanced Settings.
  5. Enter the wireless network name (SSID) and select a network type if you are prompted.
  6. Enter a network key, password, or a passphrase if you're prompted, and then click OK.
  7. Click Finish.

Now, try using the Zune software again.

Let us know if that helps. Cheers! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

On my Windows7 Network and Sharing Center already set Home network, but zune still don`t connect to phone by wifi.  Firewall disabled, home network set, wifi is working, zune shows up correct wifi ssid connected, but when i try to connect my phone Error C00D07C9 appears.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello unkinden,

We have a boatload of helpful steps for wireless syncing from Zune on our support page for Syncing wirelessly from your Zune software.

There are a lot of steps there, I would check that the ports are open that are described on that page, and also the steps below the error code that you are getting that is displayed on that page.

Give them a shot, and let us know if they help.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm getting the same issue.

Wireless sync used to work but it stopped working.

I went into Zune and disable Wireless sync, but now when I try to re-enable it, I get this error message.

(Error C00D07C9)

I have turned off my Firewall and internet security but I still get the message.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Gunner2205!

If you haven't already, please give the troubleshooting steps suggested above a try.  If you are continuing to experience the error code, please create a new thread.  This way we can provide support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.