Error 0x80070079 - Installation Stopped... game is already installed!

I've already installed two retail games (CoD Ghosts and Need For Speed Rivals). Upon attempting to play, I'm getting this error telling me the installation (which has been previously completed) has stopped. I've already completely played through Ghosts, and this error comes up no matter what. I've unplugged my router and restarted my console several times, and this error is being very persistent. Searching the error code on the site displays no results (something I find particularly perplexing, considering they've named the error; why wouldn't details and/or fixes be published?). Both games have completed their installations. How could an installation that has already finished be stopped and render my unable to play them? Any help would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 122 Applies to:

Oh, hey. I figured it out. Completely asinine. I had to go to games and apps, and try installing the game again. And seeing as they were both already at 100%, they completed right away. Kinda pointless. Way to make things more difficult than they need to be.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.