Epics IP

I really hope that microsoft will invest in the Gears IP...They would be dumb to let this slip and become a multiplatform game after the trilogy finishes.  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Why? I would much rather see an IP in the hands of the original developer than have it be a console exclusive. A consumer has literally nothing to lose by a game going multiplatform.

Exactly I'm glad developers are working on both sides now. We get Silent hill and MGS coming to xbox now.

I agree with the doctor...and not just because he went to school for longer than me

I hope Epic keeps the IP.  I would hate to see Gears become a victim of over-merchandising like Halo has become (though Epic seems to be trying to do it themselves).  Besides, I have never understood why a game appearing on both consoles is a bad thing.  Is everyone afraid Gears would be better on PS3?

[quote user="TooL8urDE4D"]

I hope Epic keeps the IP.  I would hate to see Gears become a victim of over-merchandising like Halo has become (though Epic seems to be trying to do it themselves).  Besides, I have never understood why a game appearing on both consoles is a bad thing.  Is everyone afraid Gears would be better on PS3?

[/quote]

The over merchandising and all the press is coming from MS. Notice how MS has Halo and Gears and notice how they market both of them?

I like to see exclusives because I think they tend to be better games overall. When I look back on some of the best games I've played, no matter the console, they were usually exclusives. But I'm in the minority here it seems.

I think exclusives work better because they have to be a higher standerd otherwise they won't bring anything new to the system. When games go multiplatform they tend not to improve the game. CoD has basicly put out the same thing reskined were as Gears and Metal Gear have made huge improvements each time.

If the developers have to code for 2 completely different systems it means their time gets split and we don't get the best game they can produce, we get the best game they can produce in the reduced time they have.

Agreed with Mo Fuzz, once games go multi platform they tend to dwindle and no longer be such great hits as they were when they were exclusive.  I have PS3 and Xbox so I am not biased, but I think games turn out better when they are exclusives, just my experience.