Epic is full of surprises - what will be next

Epic did something very right with Gears 3. They gave themselves the ability to create dynamic playlist that allow them not only to change the weapons on the maps, balance weapons, change starting weapon but also alter the entire experience so Gears of war feels more like a standard shooter (i.e. Stay Frosty).  Regardless of your feelings for a given playlist (I don't care if you don't like the new playlist or changes) that fact that they built this into their game and have constantly been providing new experiences to their Community is way more than most developers would do.  Think about the time and effort each playlist requires, they have to play test, tweek and monitor every one of them to ensure the best experience they can for their players; and at not additional cost.  And yes the changes to playlist (combining warzone / execution) might upset some people (they did had the smallest populations),  but the majority of the time these changes are great.  My hat is off and wallet it open to Epic, here it to a company who want to provide a real experience for their community. I guarantee other shooter will have to copy this dynamic approach to MP if they want to stay in business.

What kind of game type do you want them to create next?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Wish they had a three person game mode.

You know i think you are a nice guy and you really love gears, but i disagree with everything youve said.  Their playlists are horrid to me.   And the fact they constantly change and tweak things is infinitely annoying.  All i want at this point is a playlist where i can play the FR maps exclusively.  i wish they would stop changing everything else to give me a consistant gameplaying experience.  Im glad you like it and im sure most others do, but i cant take it anymore.

Brothers to the End is my favorite Event so far, 3 people would definitely be better on some of the bigger maps.

[quote user="Sin Continuum"]

You know i think you are a nice guy and you really love gears, but i disagree with everything youve said.  Their playlists are horrid to me.   And the fact they constantly change and tweak things is infinitely annoying.  All i want at this point is a playlist where i can play the FR maps exclusively.  i wish they would stop changing everything else to give me a consistant gameplaying experience.  Im glad you like it and im sure most others do, but i cant take it anymore.

[/quote]
That is fine, you hate that they change things.  And I agree some of the changes I have not liked.  But I am praising the fact that they added the ability to do so, and they continue to try to make a new experience for their community (whether they actually do so is up for debate) is commendable.  More than just tweeking XP, they can really alter the game without and update is a good thing.

All i want is for the game to not lag, or drop me from matches when I try to play the new DLC. How about not dropping me into quick matches that end 30 seconds later. i don't need a revolving playlist, just for the game to work right.

@The Billy Zane "But I am praising the fact that they added the ability to do so, and they continue to try to make a new experience for their community (whether they actually do so is up for debate) is commendable".

I'm glad you like they are doing that.  And Im glad you love the game.  I really am.  I want to enjoy it too.  I just cant. I was so excited when it showed up on my doorstep on release day, but i super frustrated with it ever since.  You prob hate me being negative in your threads so i wont anymore, but just so you know, i love gears too and its my most played game (except for deathsmiles 2 and Trials) which is why it frustrates me so much the way it is and why i keep complaining.  Nobody likes a complainer.  Bah.  I hate myself too sometimes.

sin everyone has there own opinions would be a very boring site if we all agreeded, nothing wrong in u having ur say on what u like and dont like about the game im fairly annoyed myself at the moment dont understand why they give us these new playlists (like them or not)  and they dont give us a fenix rising only playlist

@Sin stay away from sharp objects, high places. ;)

@ The Billy Zane- Yes their ability to change playlists on the fly is something that will keep this game fresh and exciting, although it's nothing new, but it does allow for creativity. Weather it's good or bad is a matter of opinion, and I think having an open communication between the developers and players is key to success. I think it will keep alot of players coming back again, and again. Now I also agree with THA 1 BEHIND YA new content or tweaking should not interfere with the stability of the system on the whole. If Epic can balance playlists with rock solid performance the it's a win, win, for the gamers.

My guess... you'll have to pay for bullets.