Epic forums hacked

Well i just got a email from epic saying that they were hacked and that my email and password could have been stolen. God, sony, then codemasters and now epic. Now this makes me scared than xbox could be next.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

the hacks will end eventually either in a good way or a bad anything that you may lose would most likely be reimbursed so you shouldnt really worry but if you do remove any kind of creditcard info or the likes from your account and you should be fine. Besides the hackers are going after big companies i highly doubt they can get much further in hacking the big companies do have resources to find these bastards :)

Just a tip; If you're worried about MS getting hacked and you have your CC on your account and you don't want to go through the hassle on contacting Microsofts support, just highlight the "My Xbox" tab at the top and then select "Accounts". Next go to "Manage Payment Options" on the first line and after that you should be asked to re enter your password which will then take you to the screen where you can remove your credit card / debit from your account.

Just to add to what Bon3zz said, your Live account must be inactive if youbare to remove your CC info.

[quote user="Kurokage22"]

Just to add to what Bon3zz said, your Live account must be inactive if youbare to remove your CC info.

[/quote]Erm.. No. Any time I add my debit to instantly add MSP I can litterly remove it minutes after. Your account doesn't have to be "inactive".

MSPs perhaps, but not if its tied to the Gold sub. That is what I meant.

I received that email as well. They said that they have reset ALL password for all users, so it shouldn't be a problem. You have to logon with the new password from the email and then you are able to change it to whatever you want.

If you use the same password for your Windows Live ID, then I suggest that you change that as well, otherwise you might end up losing your gamertag and email client.

Are you serious I went there to post when the Gears of War 3 beta was out.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="Bon3zz1001"]

Just a tip; If you're worried about MS getting hacked and you have your CC on your account and you don't want to go through the hassle on contacting Microsofts support, just highlight the "My Xbox" tab at the top and then select "Accounts". Next go to "Manage Payment Options" on the first line and after that you should be asked to re enter your password which will then take you to the screen where you can remove your credit card / debit from your account.

[/quote]This.

[quote user="Kurokage22"]

[/quote]Erm.. No. Any time I add my debit to instantly add MSP I can litterly remove it minutes after. Your account doesn't have to be "inactive".

[/quote]

If you use it for subscriptions you have to call support, you can not remove the card without having auto-renewal turned off, which you can no longer do from this site.

[/quote]I tried to explain this a week or so ago and was told it can't be done too, Bon3zz.  But I did this back a few months ago.  I just have to buy points cards but I don't use that many anyway.  My Gold is good for 2 more years.