Enough with the Geth on Firebase White already

Seriously. I want Gold for the challenge and almost half of the gold rooms I get into are this. Boring and repetitive.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="AcadiaPaul"]

This is really getting ridiculous.  I set enemy to Cerberus and its still coming up all firebase white.  Is there anybody in the gaming community that plays for fun and challenge anymore?

[/quote]

I had my room set up for Cerberus, Condor, Silver and Gold last night.; as well as unknown base, unknown enemy on silver many times.

[quote user="PeteRock24"]

I don't play the game just for credits, I play it for the challenge. Playing the same map against the same enemies over and over again just isn't fun for me because there's no real sense of reward from doing it. Also, I try and avoid hosting my own lobbies because as a Canadian, our P2P connections are ridiculously throttled and I don't want anyone playing with me to suffer from horrendous lag.

[/quote]I got into Gold quite a bit today.  I had 3 or 4 successful runs, 2 reapers, 2 cerberus w/ people of varying skill.  But I just kept backing out of Geth on White until I found a team that looked decent, good mix of weapons, classes etc. 

It can take 5-10 minutes, but searching for a match is a bigger challenge than Geth on White, lol. 

Don't even bother trying to host, there's still going to be 9/10 people coming in crying about how they want to do Geth on White, and trying to kick you for looking for a greater challenge. 

And my God, there are so many Banshees in Gold I can't even function.  I was feeling pretty badass because I saw banshee pick up a teammate and I had a throw ready to cause a Biotic explosion, so I saved my teammate from being insta-killed, only to have another Banshee sneak up and instakill me. 

I have hosted my own lobby and the Geth Farmers revolted with pitchforks and the like and kicked me.  Creating your own lobby seems like a good idea until you remember the problem is the majority of the community Gold Farms, and will leave any lobby or kick any host not doing that.  The problem remains the same regardless of who hosts the lobby.

I've posted, or suggested two possible solutions on the Bioware Social Network.

1.)  Make a fourth challenge lobby.  Bronze, Silver, Gold Farmer, and Gold

2.)  Do credits like xp on Gold difficulty.  Reward a percentage of extra credits for those who choose unknowns on Gold difficulty.

[quote user="EV1L SEAN"]

Host your own lobby and invite friends.

[/quote]

Exactly.   You dont even need to invite friends. Just host your own room.   Edit:  I just read the part about the lag if you are host.  Its still worth a try, might not be too bad.

This could all be settled by hosting your own lobby, let people play how they want. If your coming into their lobby then your pretty much on their terms and can't get mad at that.

anyone can feel free to shoot me an invite if u need a solid player. if i can make it, i will. i'm a "team" guy.  as everyone should be.  

Yesterday we did Reapers on Condor, Gold. It was a challenge, but it was fun and we finished the match. Also did Cerberus on Glacier. I had it set to unknown map, unknown enemy on Gold.

[quote user="DocHolliday 7"]

This is really getting ridiculous.  I set enemy to Cerberus and its still coming up all firebase white.  Is there anybody in the gaming community that plays for fun and challenge anymore?

[/quote]

I had my room set up for Cerberus, Condor, Silver and Gold last night.; as well as unknown base, unknown enemy on silver many times.

[/quote]Well, I'm talking about being up for a challenge so I went the unthinkable route and set enemy to Reapers and Challenge to Gold.  I'm finding matches of like-minded crazy people faster, now. 

[/quote]

No that's not unthinkable or crazy, just stupid (IMO). Heck I can barely keep a team of random people together on silver. I bet you lose 9 out of 10 of your matches. That's not something I would enjoy. I like a challenge any day and the matches I set up are. But losing 9 out 10 matches, which I'm sure you are...I'll pass.

I'm breaking my friends (who I play with often) in slowly but surely into trying all the maps on Gold, with all enemies. But it'll take time getting them there.

Let's face it.  Gold is difficult and most players that want to get the XP and credits from a gold match can't handle anything other than White/Geth.  And, it's mostly their own doing.

I tried some random matches last night and I got to be leader after a leader backed out.  Once people realized it wasn't Geth/White they lost their heads and started running around trying to chase down the enemies.  These same people that would normally camp a spot and play smart on White/Geth suddenly lost all sense of tactics once the map and enemy changed.  I don't get it.

As has been said by those with brains for those who are mentally challenged. If you don't like what another person is hosting. host your own lobby, the solution is so simple some one like you should be able to figure it out with having to have it explained to you over and over. Stop trying to force people to play the game the way you want to play it, and host your own lobby so you can play it how you want. You were given the tools from the beginning, the need to complain about it in this thread and insult those who play smarter than you is retarded.