Engineer Class Nerfed to stupidity

The new update has the toned down the Stinger and made the AT Mines  easy to spot.  the Javelin takes three shots to knock out even the AA tank.  Wake Island is completely overrun with Choppers and tanks now.  

Commonly I now get direct hits with either no hit markers and no points or hit markers and no points.  Last night two direct hits with RPG on a hovering Heli with no damage.  The Stinger frequently loses lock on choppers in my direct line of sight that are not even firing chaff or flares.  

The new maps and update have pretty much ruined the Engineer class for me and now taking objectives by vehicles is commonplace.  The whole purpose of a Jav is to take out AFV's from the top where there armor is the weakest....yet this does not seem to be the case now.

Anyone else notice the difference?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I admit that the mine nerf is a bit silly but it was meant to be a temp fix. The stingers are fine, something that takes no ability to do should not be very powerful. There are still plenty of ways to easily take down a chopper.

--

There is still no real reason to play anything other than engineer most of the time.

I still use it. I just don't use mines anymore. Now the time spent laying mines will be used for other things.

lol but funny. People still use the Class argument as a nerf, when it has never been about a one person Commando. One Engineer might be nerfed but a Squad of Engineers or any Class the is applicable will always dominate whatever comes around the corner. Solution, fire in concert and watch anything go "boom"...

Adapt and Overcome or die trying.

You say it has never been LostKauz,,,,,but it was!

[quote user="BGH FlakJacket"]

You say it has never been LostKauz,,,,,but it was!

[/quote]

You missed the point. Many Engineers equals death to any Equipment, period. One Engineer more then likely has always equaled death against most Equipment.

[quote user="Der Verteidiger"]I admit that the mine nerf is a bit silly but it was meant to be a temp fix. [/quote]

What do you mean, a temp fix.  Was Dice planning on changing it again?  I rarely see anyone using AT mines anymore since you can see them now.  There are the few, and I mean few, occasions that someone will not notice one and die from them, but come on man, they are pretty much worthless now. 

I might start using mines again.  Yeah, they disappear after you die and they appear on the mini maps but it seems that a lot of people don't check the mini-map.  I was riding shotgun in a jeep and the guy just drives over a mine.  Boom, dead just like that.

weren't you guy's correcting me that you could only see the mines if they were SPOTTED? if that is true then they are good to go. Javelins have always sucked nuts, an the stinger's are very disappointing I admit they suck now too! If I could use the stinger's on assault an the morter's on recon an the grenade launcher on engineer I think that might make me happier

[quote user="FueldRockets"]

weren't you guy's correcting me that you could only see the mines if they were SPOTTED? if that is true then they are good to go. Javelins have always sucked nuts, an the stinger's are very disappointing I admit they suck now too! If I could use the stinger's on assault an the morter's on recon an the grenade launcher on engineer I think that might make me happier

[/quote]

Yeah, Stingers and IGLA's suck now.  I haven't used them since the patch came out.  Four missiles shot at a loe-flying Viper right above me and I didn't get so much as a hitbox.  

It's strange actually because I was one of the people who thought choppers would become a bigger pain in the backside but they're still flying 2000 feet up and engaging other jets/choppers and not doing anything else.

So the nerf of the Stingers hasn't been that bad when you think about it. 

[quote user="MourningTag9"]

[quote user="Der Verteidiger"]I admit that the mine nerf is a bit silly but it was meant to be a temp fix. [/quote]

What do you mean, a temp fix.  Was Dice planning on changing it again?  I rarely see anyone using AT mines anymore since you can see them now.  There are the few, and I mean few, occasions that someone will not notice one and die from them, but come on man, they are pretty much worthless now. 

[/quote]

yes, in the patch notes they added a side note saying that the mine thing was a temporary fix, probably because infinity mines could be placed and there was no counter to them.

--

Honestly it doesn't even seem like a nerf to a lot of people because they don't *** look at the map. I haven't been killed by mines since the patch but I see randoms run over them way more often than I see them blow the mines up.