Energy Sword on Sword Base on Rumble Pit on Slayer!

Boy am I getting tired of all the dumb gamers going after the player with the energy sword. If you go up there, you are only giving him what he needs. More more kills which means more points! It's funny how you guys wonder why you lose. How many times did he kill you with that sword? 2, 3, 4, 5 times? Yep, that's what you get for going after a guy with the energy sword who camps in a corner! You die! What makes you even dumber is that you pick up the energy sword after you have killed him and repeat the same tactic. Why do you have to lower yourself to that person's level? Why do you have to rely on a cheap tactic to get multiple kills?

I know that most of your are going to tell me to kill other players and avoid the guy with the sword. Well, like I said, everybody is going after this guy. I have to head up there to start killing the other players to get points while at the same time trying to avoid the moron with the sword! I have maybe killed the sword carrier two or three times in my last game. I didn't use melee. I used my good old fashioned default **** rifle and blasted at him as he came running toward me. I picked up the energy sword and took off. I go somewhere and hide and wait for them to come to me. They know I have the sword which means they're going to try and gun me down. This is fun to do because I can usually get around 2 or 3 kills before I die.

Why do people have to resort to such a cheap way to win Rumble Pit Slayer? Every single time I play Rumble Pit and Sword Base pops up, everybody immediately votes on it! Doesn't anyone here get sick of playing the SAME map repeatedly and using the SAME tactics with the SAME weapon?

Please, pick another map! I am sick and tired of Sword Base! Every single time I get a Rumble Pit match going, it's ALWAYS Sword Base!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

[quote user="Jack Bauer XDG"] What makes you even dumber is that you pick up the energy sword after you have killed him and repeat the same tactic. Why do you have to lower yourself to that person's level? Why do you have to rely on a cheap tactic to get multiple kills?

[/quote]

Then.........

[quote user="Jack Bauer XDG"]

I picked up the energy sword and took off. I go somewhere and hide and wait for them to come to me. They know I have the sword which means they're going to try and gun me down. This is fun to do because I can usually get around 2 or 3 kills before I die.

[/quote]

[quote user="Jack Bauer XDG"]

Why do people have to resort to such a cheap way to win Rumble Pit Slayer?

[/quote]

Are you serious?

The difference between me and them is I'm making it harder for them to score. They grab the sword and make it easier!

I never once mentioned in my post that I used the energy sword! I hide and wait with my assault rifle. If they come near me, I blast them! Trust me, I have obtained at least 2 or 3 kills max doing this. I never ever use the energy sword when I pick it up and somebody comes after me. I use my assault rifle. I like making it both challenging for the other players and myself.

I should have made myself more clear about what exactly I was doing once I picked up the sword and took off. For that, I apologize.

I know what you mean. Everytime Swordbase is an option it nearly always wins the vote.

Then exactly the same thing as you described ensues. Everyone rushes up the airlift thingy after lobbing a few grenades up it and jumps straight into someone with a sword.

I'm not very good at versus play on Halo but I still wont resort to cheap tactics.

A prime example was during Invasion yesterday, where surprise surprise, 5 matches in a row, Spire got voted in by a huge majority. One of the players on the Elites team was spawn killing the Spartans with a needle rifle, over and over again. Completely ruining the fun for everyone else and making a lot of the Spartan team quit out, meaning even less chance of at least being competitive.

It's a shame these people will continue to use cheap tactics because, to them, winning is the only thing that matters. Regardless of how it's accomplished.

I highly doubt you take the Sword and NEVER use it...

I don't, I'm useless with it.

here's an idea...if a bunchof people are going after the energy sword...wait back and let them all go after it and toss grenades in to kill them all. leave the sword there. pick up any grenades left behind by dead players.....repeat as needed till you have won....

I like taking weapons and jumping out of map. ^_^ Especially when I'm getting slaughtered or I get bored with it in the middle of a match. If you see me with a sniper and the energy sword...kill me, I'm going for a cliff. I know it just makes them respawn. But it's fun. It really ticks off my kid and the kids he plays with.

I call that lift area 'Lemming Lift', because just like Lemmings falling mindlessly off a cliff, that seems to be some of the randoms that I have teamed up with in the past....