Endurance Races

What happened to the good old endurance races, did they not put any in forza 4 as I can't see any in the event list ?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nope... No endurance races. I don't know why they bothered putting pit lanes in the game, since you never race long enough to need tires or gas. If you have to pit for damage, you might as well give up the race, because they're so short, it's dufficult to make up the time. I know I've said this a million times, but if you want realistic racing, play GT5. FM4 is more about customizing & presentation than simulating automobile racing.

[quote user="Metal10957"]

I've been playing tag lately, maybe I'm biased. I do understand the mentality of having to drive a long time. Then again, I can be drunk and up late and still win @ tag. lol. It's all about fun guys. I think turn 10 did a good job of letting us all have fun. Anyone can make an endurance if they want. Join a club, lots of guys like it.

[/quote]

The thing is, Forza is supposed to be a racing simulator. Endurance racing with pitting for things like tire wear & fuel consumption would do a lot more good for simulation purposes than tag, soccer & bowling. Sorry, but the decisions made by Turn-10 make it difficult to take this game seriously.  

How about 2.4 hours at Nurburgring GP Full with two classes, no assists, and limited damage?

[REMOVED]

totally agree with u man bin many times at night racing n nod off  slightly and end up taking a cornor at over 150mph lol but that wat makesit exciting about long races.

But the AI needs to be improved and more competative

[quote user="Rancid1969"]

I have played a ton of GT 5 and I have to say it is one long assed snoooooze fest.  No fun at all.

[/quote]

It depends on what you're looking for. I prefer GT5's superior AI more simlike racing to FM4's destruction derby. If it was so boring, why did you play a ton of it?

Yeah seems a shame that they added cone challenges instead of trying to address the endurance races with pit stops.

Depending on the Track most races should be at least 9-10 laps long or more. This is the main reason people hate racing online. in a 3 lap race everyone goes hell for leather over the 3 laps and if your taken out its race over ! turn 10 should have put this in the game I agree but instead put Cone challenges and Football ! A complete waste of time IMHO. I used to run a Racing site and most of our races were between 9-20 laps long with compulsory pit stops in the long races. They were the best races I've ever had online because they were organised with specific car spec's and championships. We used to Run Renault Clio cup, Vintage Classic's Class, Porsche(RUF) supercup , BTCC and GT3 races. We used to follow the same rules as the real championships as far as we could .For example Clio Cup races were 9-10 laps long and BTCC were 19-20 laps long.

For me this has always been the downfall of Forza and why people say that the game play is too repetitive. There needs to be more in depth championships not just 2 race ones over 3-5 laps. It takes a bit of setting up and commitment from other players but it can be done and done well .

[quote user="Metal10957"]

[quote user="Solid Sausage"]

Yeah I pretty much gave up on Forza being a serious sim once they added auto brake lol

[/quote] I haven't used ABS ever. You can't lock the brakes if you use it.

[/quote]

Auto-brake and ABS are not the same thing.  ABS keeps your brakes from locking up, regardless of how much pressure you apply...but you still are in control of when they're applied.  Auto-brake does all the braking for you, without you ever having to apply them yourself.

I kind of agree with both of you on this. I definitely think the game would benefit from endurance races. Hell, I've said many times the game needs tire wear, fuel consumption, pitting, etc. The problem would potentially come from the fact the AI is so bad... Within a lap or two, the player is usually so far out in front (at least I know I am), that longer events could be not only pointless, but extremely monotonous. The AI is just not competitive enough to make longer races interesting. The only good I could see longer races doing, in the game's current state, would be to give the player a chance to fix his/her car after the pile-ups that FM4's races often start with. Yeah, I would love, love, love longer races with qualifying, weather, tire wear, fuel consumption, driver changes, etc, etc... Just not in this current game.

[quote user="Feckin Die"]

Yeah I pretty much gave up on Forza being a serious sim once they added auto brake lol

[/quote]

And steering assist, rewind...